Metro area - Which type of property are you planning on living into in 10 years?

Metro area only - Which type of property will you live into (PPOR) in 10 years time?

• 1 bed unit/apt

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • 2 bed unit/apt

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • 3 bed unit/apt

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Townhouse

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Freehold house on an average block

Votes: 31 44.3%
  • House on a big block further out

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • Inner city terrace type house

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Richard Feynman did not create this poll?!

Votes: 11 15.7%

• Total voters
Just a normal house on 600sqm with a driveway. close to the beach where i can send my kids to a good school and not worry about any sort of crime.

Trey, you are over complicating your situation. You don't even have a girlfriend, but worrying about the schools for your kids!

Situations change a lot. What you consider as an ideal house today may not cater to your needs in 10 years! With a house ideal for kids you may not even attract a girl who want a different life being DINKs!

The house you buy first is not going to be your house all your life. You will change houses. Buy one which is suitable for you and your girlfriend. Worry about kids when they arrive. If you plan to have two kids and end up having 5 (say quadruplets) what will you do with a house suitable for 2 kids?

Trey, you are over complicating your situation. You don't even have a girlfriend, but worrying about the schools for your kids!

The threads about where we'd like to live in 10 years. For someone who wants a family, they need to account for that as they'll likely have one by then.

The thread isnt about where our current or next house will be.

Situations change a lot. What you consider as an ideal house today may not cater to your needs in 10 years! With a house ideal for kids you may not even attract a girl who want a different life being DINKs!

The house you buy first is not going to be your house all your life. You will change houses. Buy one which is suitable for you and your girlfriend. Worry about kids when they arrive. If you plan to have two kids and end up having 5 (say quadruplets) what will you do with a house suitable for 2 kids?

i have a fairly good idea of where i want to live in ten years time, i dont think im overcomplicating things just looking and planning for the future. Im working hard in my twenties so my thirtys are easier.

The threads about where we'd like to live in 10 years. For someone who wants a family, they need to account for that as they'll likely have one by then.

The thread isnt about where our current or next house will be.

Oops, my bad. I was replying to trey in another thread as well and ended up chatting here.

i have a fairly good idea of where i want to live in ten years time, i dont think im overcomplicating things just looking and planning for the future. Im working hard in my twenties so my thirtys are easier.

It's great that you know exactly what you want. Best wishes !

I'll still be in my first house in 10 years time. It's 10ks from the city, 15 mins to my work, has a 1600m2 yard, and after the current renovations will be a 500m2 six bedroom three bath house... Why would I ever want to leave?

....... has a 1600m2 yard, and after the current renovations will be a 500m2 six bedroom three bath house... Why would I ever want to leave?

If you were around 60yo (and called Tim54) I would guess you would say:

.....it has a 1600m2 yard and a 500m2 six bedroom three bath house........ Why would I ever want to stay??

If you were around 60yo (and called Tim54) I would guess you would say:

.....it has a 1600m2 yard and a 500m2 six bedroom three bath house........ Why would I ever want to stay??

60yo isn't that old. Unless you have some serious health issues I think you would be more than capable of maintaining the place. Otherwise it's time to start pressuring your kids to start helping out if they want to inherit it :) the only problem I foresee are the stairs, I'll eventually need to put in an elevator :)

Back