Metropole in Sydney

There have been a few discussions on Metropole services in Melbourne on other threads. Has anyone used their services in Sydney and have any comments?

I am a newbie investor, thinking of using their services not only as BA but also as planner/coordinator between the accountants, solicitors, finance broker etc.

I know they are just starting in Sydney and wonder if the level of service is the same as in Melb/Brisbane.

I'm not sure Metropole offer that kind of all-in-one service (nor would I want them to if it was me).

I have used Metropole and as a BA in Melbourne they are good if your needs align with their areas of speciality.

However buying in Sydney I'd more likely talk to these people http://www.propertybuyer.com.au/ ('cause I use to know the owner way back when...and back then he always struck me as extremely ethical) or to the BA agency run by "Jacque" who use to post on this forum.

From my initial discussions with them it sounds like they can recommend solicitors, accountants and finance brokers to you (all of them independent), but you can also bring your own.

But it also sounds like they become my point of contact to these people, like a coordinator to make sure everyone's on the same page, which I thought would be quite neat...

They also claim to be different from other BA's in that they help you plan your investment through a few strategy meetings.. don't know if it's something that most BA's do?

From my initial discussions with them it sounds like they can recommend solicitors, accountants and finance brokers to you (all of them independent), but you can also bring your own.

But it also sounds like they become my point of contact to these people, like a coordinator to make sure everyone's on the same page, which I thought would be quite neat...

They also claim to be different from other BA's in that they help you plan your investment through a few strategy meetings.. don't know if it's something that most BA's do?

Sure they'll recommend others (I'd take those with 2 bags of salt btw, as I would those from any BA) but they will not be the planner/coordinator by any stretch. I suspect you've misunderstood. I'd also pass on their offer to PM your property if they offer it.

Last edited:
Probably a good idea to have your own independent solicitor to protect your interests - Not that I'm saying Metropole is dodgy in any way.

Sure they'll recommend others (I'd take those with 2 bags of salt btw, as I would those from any BA) but they will not be the planner/coordinator by any stretch. I suspect you've misunderstood. I'd also pass on their offer to PM your property if they offer it.

I second twitch on this one..

I have had very detailed meetings with them inc head of their BA and developments and failed to see the "specific" value they would bring, over and above what one could organise on their own with a bit of research and planning.

By the time their "fixed" fees is added, the overall value proposition doesnt add up unless you are very time poor or always prefer someone hand holding you through the entire process.

Harris

Harris,

Are you referring to any of their services in particular or in general? (i.e. BA, project management, PM, all of the above?)

Regards,

David.

I must say that I was always extremely happy with the services that Metropole provided in Melbourne and Brisbane when I purchased my last 3 properties.

They have always been very professional and helpful and found me some great properties.

Metropole also manages all my properties and again I am very happy with their services.

A Buyers Agent is not the be all and end all - but they can add great value if you are time poor; interstate or just want to have an additional level of security about purchasing well.

We all don't have jobs that allow us to do research on company time :D:D or want to spend weekend after weekend on the road and look for properties :eek::eek:

Hi All,

Further to Twich's original comment, I'd vouch for Rich Harvey from Propety Investor (propertyinvestor.com.au) as an enthical BA with a good contact network. If it suits you, give him a call to discuss what you're looking for to determine if is suits. He's a dedicated BA based in Sydney which may work for you.......

Fin.

By the time their "fixed" fees is added, the overall value proposition doesnt add up unless you are very time poor or always prefer someone hand holding you through the entire process.

Harris

Reading Michael White's 'Mona Vale' thread should be enough to scare anyone into seeking some development hand-holding.

Back