Michael Leunig on Liberal government

What is the "bullying" he refers to?

How are folks being "bullied"?

Folks keep crying about how the Gubb is insensitive and so on to the People's plight....

When it comes to fixing the broken financial position of such a massive household as the Australian Economy.....

I love my kids, but there has to be a period where the kids go without their pocket money and trips to the cinemas for a while when times are really tough..it doesn't mean I don't love them.

It's called "tough love" and Australia has to have it right now.

Why don't people get this simple thing?

This type of bloke is the last type we need to be hearing from.

Wow, news flash! cranky lefty spouts cranky lefty stuff 'cause his team lost. Let's go to the polls:rolleyes:
LOL!

When I was writing my post, I was thinking exactly this...but I don't know enough about Michael Leunig to make the assumption, so kept my mouth shut about his Pollie views..

He sure does look like one of those hand-knitted, green, turtle-neck sweater-wearing types though. ;)

It's time to have another election and get rid of Tony Abbot.

Question 7

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=11254928

That article has a lot to say about a lot of things. Even what he says about the current government does NOT say it's time to get rid of it. You do the guy an injustice.

I say this as somebody who doesn't like some of the things which are being done. Some.

But then, just to completely dismiss a set of views completely just because he's been labelled as a "lefty" doesn't do him justice either.

1. What kind of man are you?

I'm told I am in a world of my own, happily self-occupied, dreamy and contented in my own company. I see fairies in my garden....​

I slightly altered the first question.....but his answer pretty much stayed the same.

Green as grass. A lost cause. He's an ultra lefty wing cartoonist, writer, painter, philosopher and poet.....seriously.

I never got down to his answer for question 7.

Other than Adam Bandt and Christine Milne, he'd have to be the last person in the world you'd ask what they thought about the nation digging itself out from underneath this debt mountain, that we're struggling to simply pay the interest on.

Never forget that Labor and their lefty mates the Greens less than 6 years ago started with a pile of cash and no debt.

If the debt mountain was 10 times as big, Michael would still ignore it and be down at the bottom of the garden drawing cartoons and playing with pixies with his green lefty mates.

It's like asking a 3 yr old child for a detailed dissertation on astrophysics because they have seen the moon.

Last edited:
The Courier Mail may. They know which side their Rupert is buttered on.

I feel Dazz may be too outspoken for most mainstream publications. I could imagine his reaction to editorial influence.

That stimulus package from labor was expensive but it saved this nation. Its too late to start crying now over spilt milk. Everyone got their money and spent it. Even the Lib supporters got the money from the govt. They even got the free insulation etc etc.

Now, are there any Labor critics out there who declined/refused to partake in any of Labors surplus destroying cash grab, speak now or forever hold your piece. LOL.

That stimulus package from labor was expensive but it saved this nation. Its too late to start crying now over spilt milk. Everyone got their money and spent it. Even the Lib supporters got the money from the govt. They even got the free insulation etc etc.

Now, are there any Labor critics out there who declined/refused to partake in any of Labors surplus destroying cash grab, speak now or forever hold your piece. LOL.

Sure did.

Happy to pay it back now too.

Have probably paid back 100 times what I received in the last two FYs.

No, the capacity for the government to pay stimulus had a positive impact on our managing the GFC. Imagine if the current financial situation had been the starting point.

Back