Michael Yardney's new book?

Anyone planning on buying Michael Yardney's new book re thriving in difficult times?

Was wondering whether it is worth a read ...:)

Anyone planning on buying Michael Yardney's new book re thriving in difficult times?

Was wondering whether it is worth a read ...:)
I'm surviving difficult times by reading more material in Borders and buying less. Will definitely keep an eye out for it in the library system though.

I'm guessing it's a great time to be buying property, but... not just any property.... Would like to read a review if someone has read it however.

I have it ...

Hi

I purchased it, but have only got so far as a quick flick through. At a very first glance, I thought it had quite a bit of the same sort of info as one of his previous books I read. Can't remember the name of that one.

But as I said very quick flick, possibly what I was reading was his version of the basics which need to be there for the foundations and hopefully lots of new good stuff further in.

That being said, I really thought his first book I read was one of the best property books I've read (and I've read quite a lot). I like that he actually gave good examples and specific where to, how to do stuff he suggested. Nothing worse than being given theories, ideas but then you have no idea how to implement, research or take it further without more time or money involved.

Saw it, Bought it, Read it

Bought it, read it.

At lot of the same information as "How to grow a multi million dollar property portfolio is your speare time".

What this book does do is explore the "rules of money" and "mindset". Having read both books, personall I prefer "Thriving not just surviving". It's a bit more "rounded" than his earlier one.

Project 1080

The project: 10 IPs in 80 mths.

My daughters bought it for me for Mothers' Day.

Agree with previous posters - has a lot of the same info as his previous book. The "rules of money" that others have spoken about contains much the same sort of info as written years ago in John Burley's book/s. Robert Kiyosaki gets several mentions, too.

Personally, I got nothing new out of it that I hadn't read previously in other books.

Cheers
LynnH

Thanks for your feedback guys.

I had a wander through Dymocks last week.

I really need something to read but I ended up walking out with nothing...again....:(

It's really frustrating.

Regards JO

My daughters bought it for me for Mothers' Day.

Agree with previous posters - has a lot of the same info as his previous book. The "rules of money" that others have spoken about contains much the same sort of info as written years ago in John Burley's book/s. Robert Kiyosaki gets several mentions, too.

Personally, I got nothing new out of it that I hadn't read previously in other books.

Cheers
LynnH

John Burley's "Money Secrets of the Rich". Brilliant book! Less of the theory, more of the practical.

Unwittingly I had earlier implemented a number of his strategies in his book to get myself out of debt and 'on the road'. It became my "bible" for a while. Highly recommended.

Project 1080.

The Project: 10 IPs in 80 mths.

Hiya Josko

try

The 5 love languages by gary Chapma

Personality Plus by Florence Littauer

High Trust Selling by Todd Duncan

The slight edge by Geoff Olson

Anything by Jim Rohn

Anything by Andy Stanley

ta\
rolf

Recomended Books

Here are a few more books / CD's to add to your collention:

Secrets of the Millionaire Mind by T. Harve Eker

Create Your Own Future by Brian Tracy

How Full Is your Bucket by Tom Rath

The Psychology of Winning by Denis Waitley

Simple Steps to Impossible Dreams by Steven Scott

How I Turned $1,000 into Three Million in Real Estate in My Spare Time by William Nickerson (this is the original 1960's classic)

Philip

Im half way through this book at the moment. I think that most people who frequent this forum will not get much out of at least the first half of the book. Its almost like preaching to the converted. Im at the point where im getting frustrated with the chapter after chapter of justifying investment and 'sorting out your mindset', that Im wondering if Im going to get any real value out of this book??? I think its a nice book if you're entertaining the idea of getting out of the rat race through property investment, but if you've already made the decision to go down this path, then perhaps this book isnt quite aimed at you.

Ill keep reading. maybe Ill change my mind once I get to the end....

Louise
www.significantimagery.com.au

If you have got half way through a book & its not going anywhere, choose another book that better suited to your needs.

There are many outstanding books out there.

I have a library at home full of them.

Philip

Hi, fascinating. I also seemed to have run out of books to read.

I bought Yardney's book. Not too bad but if you already have some IPs, then a large part is not relevant. The one thing I took from it is "the rich own things" so I might own more rather than accumulate cash.

The 2 books I really enjoyed are: The crash of 2008 by G Soros and better yet Bailout by John Waggoner.

Not that they're the best writers by any means but they're among the 1st to explain most recent financial shenanigins.

One seriously bad book [I'm annoyed with myself for buying it] is Kiyosaki's Success Stories.

KY

Back