MIG Meeting/Guest Speaker - August 1st

Folks,

the next MIG meeting has been scheduled for Wednesday August 1st. We do have a guest speaker for the night, being a Real Estate Property Manager (good to see things from the other side of the fence), full details being:

Where: cnr Ballarat & Geelong Roads - Victoria University's Footscray Park Campus
When: Wednesday 1st August
Guest Speaker: Alex Musman of Barleys Real Estate (in Elwood)
Topic: Talk to us about Property Management, although it should be fairly informal so that we can have a bit of a discussion
Time: 6.30pm
Building: Building C
Room: C502b (one floor above where we normally meet)
Parking: FREE in Ballarat Road carpark
RSVP: No need to, just come along & its free

Note: we can move back down into our normal tea room if needed after the presentation/discussion...

A map can be found on http://www.vu.edu.au/home/Campus_Maps/Footscray_Park/

These meetings are always very informal & informative... feel free to bring along some biscuits, keeps our energy levels high as the night goes on (we can hit the tea room after the presentation)... I'll arrange for tea/coffee...

Note: no need to RSVP, just come along

Cheers,

Manny

ahh bugga, sorry guys looks like i cant make it. i have night school wed's now until 9pm so wed's are out for me all semester.

Hiya,

I couldn't make it either, unfortunately.

(Well, not so unfortunate, really... was out with a pretty ladyfriend and had a great evening with her instead.)

So, how was it? Did the guest speaker have much interesting to say?

Cheers

James.

He was great although we may have a been a tad mean to him !

Lots of excellent tips such as detailing conditions reports and how to get extra security when letting to say young people without much rental history behind them.

The main debate was around handing out keys verus private appointments. Hey might start a post on that one :D

I really enjoyed the presentation, as we did have him up in the front for over 2 hours (actually went on for almost 2.5hours), so did cover lots... Great to hear about the eviction process (how VCAT calculate days, ensuring they do allow for 4 full "business" days for registered mail to be sent to them), selling/buying concerns if you ask for "vacant possession" & sent via registered notice an eviction notice to the tenant (who subsequently had left & did sub-lease it to someone else) & them not receiving the notice --> you not being able to evict the tenant on settlment date (which can push back settlement by a month), etc...

Pete, thanx for arranging this...

Cheers,

Manny.

Hi guys,

I didn't put up a post as PeterT was hoping to have the next meeting at his new offices (hence why I didn't arrange a room @ Footscray)...

Cheers,

Manny.

Back