Mildura

I have 2 IP's in Mildura plus a PPOR.
Mildura market is starting to move finally. According to my agent contacts, houses are selling faster and for better prices.
Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss further.
:)

I'm looking at some 1Br units close to the CBD but not sure if they would have a high vacancy rate?

There seems to be a few on the net for rent

Where are the units located? There are some dodgy ones for sale on 7th st ATM.
Feel free to inbox me and ill give you the run down on the good and dodgy areas
:)

Yes those ones. The first ones are low socio economic housing. Not a good area and has DOH properties on the other side of the road close by.
The big place in 10th st is also very much overpriced. Its currently let to refugees. (Not saying there is anything wrong with them).

Yes those ones. The first ones are low socio economic housing. Not a good area and has DOH properties on the other side of the road close by.
The big place in 10th st is also very much overpriced. Its currently let to refugees. (Not saying there is anything wrong with them).

really the big unit block is overpriced? 12.7% is a good return

i guess $160 per week for a one bedder is slightly high

Whats the average rent for a 1bdr?

really the big unit block is overpriced? 12.7% is a good return

i guess $160 per week for a one bedder is slightly high

Whats the average rent for a 1bdr?

Average rent would be $100-$120 max.
But in saying that there is a huge rental demand here. Which is fantastic :D

Yeah mate, the first ones were one i was looking at. Also looked at the one for 1.1m, to much money for me but great return! I wouldn't imagine there would be much in the way of CG on something like this.

Capital gain would be nil for some time.

Hi guys,
Been reading this page and was wondering your thoughts on the Hornsey Park area of Mildura? There seems to be some good cash flow opportunities there, but I am not too sure on the quality of the area. Would be great to hear some opinions :)
Cheers

If you are after information about specific areas I have lived there for 18 years and have a reasonable idea of good/bad areas.

There is lots of new development out 15th street at the expense of the city heart. The region has suffered many years of drought and poor crops for the farmers and this has weighed heavily on the local economy.

Mildura is a magnet for retirees and has a high number of unemployed. There is a trend for retirees lacking a nest egg but who have a fully owned PPOR in Melbourne/Adelaide to sell and move to Mildura where they can get a better house for far less, releasing funds for their retirement.

The Hornsy park area is one of the lowest socio-economic areas in Mildura. Significant amounts of unemployment and higher indigenous australian population. I lived the first years of my life on Etiwanda avenue. Your typical tenant would be on government benefits and unemployed.

Ahh great, thanks for that - good to get some insight!!
It's hard to weigh up the benefits of positive cash flow vs renting in these areas and risking capital growth....
Anyway thanks heaps for your help!

Hi guys,
Been reading this page and was wondering your thoughts on the Hornsey Park area of Mildura? There seems to be some good cash flow opportunities there, but I am not too sure on the quality of the area. Would be great to hear some opinions :)
Cheers

Hornsey Park is quite rough.

It is slowly cleaning up and the housing commission homes are getting pushed out into Merbein and other areas.

Thanks and have a great day.

I had 3 IP's in Mildura at one stage.

I know the area quite well. Anything West of Deakin or Sturt HWY is more desirable and owner occupied.

East is more housing commission with higher yield but also higher risk.

The town is more than self sufficient.

Lots of agriculture and even mining isn't too far away.

Over the last few years there have been quite a few big retailers expanding shop to meet demand which is always a good sign.

Haven't really looked into the market there over the last 6 months or so so not sure what the recent gossips is hehe

Thanks

Back