mirrabooka, balga, nollamarra

The better pocket is West Girrawheen which is the pocket closer to Wanneroo Road, however in this market it does not matter as prices are still rising.

I think this house is brick veneer, rather than double brick, at this price it is OK.

I would make sure you have rear access, 3 mtre, I think this is the case and that the house is in the right position on the block so you can build at rear. Any easements, ask agent and also contact Council.

This will be under offer within the week so you must move quickly if it ticks the boxes.

Phone City of Wanneroo to find out further info on this block.

This one's cheaper and looks like it is in better condition, similar location

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-girrawheen-113776959

MTR

worst house on the best street, not the other way around

balga, mirrabooka, westmister arnt the best locations if you want good capital growth. The cheaper house price attracts the lower income earner's which have the highest number of people that will turn your IP into a front for illegal activity, good rule of thumb is to invest in the worst house on a good street, decent tenants want to live in a neat, safe, neighbourhood, so good locations will have lower vacancy rates and probably less tenant nightmares Perth median house price is $500-550k so most people will be looking to live in properties 20% either side of the median, IP''s around $450-$500k are the go. a mixed portfolio of positive and negative and neutral geared IP's ;)

balga, mirrabooka, westmister arnt the best locations if you want good capital growth. The cheaper house price attracts the lower income earner's which have the highest number of people that will turn your IP into a front for illegal activity, good rule of thumb is to invest in the worst house on a good street, decent tenants want to live in a neat, safe, neighbourhood, so good locations will have lower vacancy rates and probably less tenant nightmares Perth median house price is $500-550k so most people will be looking to live in properties 20% either side of the median, IP''s around $450-$500k are the go. a mixed portfolio of positive and negative and neutral geared IP's ;)

what are you basing this on?

look at MTR, i think she paid 310k or so a year ago, property is worth around 400k. i know plenty of people who have made good money in rough suburbs

We have witnessed all these areas mentioned by HCF8 ie Balga, Girrawheen, Mirrabooka, Koondoola all State Housing areas rise in value over the last 9 months as much as 20%+ and they continue to rise, stats don't lie.
I believe Balga ranked as no. 1, units rose as much as 10% last quarter.

Getting caught up with the spin that "cheaper areas" will not achieve capital growth IMO is a costly mistake. Many areas in Perth that were considered undesirable many years ago are now highly sought after, ie Highgate, East Perth. My point is areas change, no need to fear this, infrastructure, proximity to city need to be considered, if surrounding areas are much higher entry level this is another indication that it could be a winner.

I recommend reading some older posts by a seasoned investor "Sash" who has purchased many properties, perhaps 24?? in cheaper areas where he has been able to achieve great yields and growth.

For the record I buy in any area that will make money, I don't disciminate, people need a roof over their head and I am happy to provide this. Also, you get good tenants and bad tenants regardless of the area we all know this. What I have learnt over the years is a gun PM is worth their weight in gold.

MTR

Last edited:
The better pocket is West Girrawheen which is the pocket closer to Wanneroo Road, however in this market it does not matter as prices are still rising.

I think this house is brick veneer, rather than double brick, at this price it is OK.

I would make sure you have rear access, 3 mtre, I think this is the case and that the house is in the right position on the block so you can build at rear. Any easements, ask agent and also contact Council.

This will be under offer within the week so you must move quickly if it ticks the boxes.

MTR

MTR, thanks for the detailed info!

MTR

Have they changed the price on that property? I could of sworn that yesterday it was 365k.

Inflation, its out of control I tell you (10k in a day!)

Have they changed the price on that property? I could of sworn that yesterday it was 365k.

Inflation, its out of control I tell you (10k in a day!)

LOL, its an out of area agent, they have no clue, it should be at least $385,000.

I have seen out of area agents sell for as much as $80,000 under its market value, about 8 months ago, and guess what a RE agent from Ray Whiteman Mirrabooka purchased it, no one got a look in.

Yes it was definatly 375k. Agent knew it will sell for more then 365k.

Same propety failed to sell at 345k in dec 2011. Now it has buyers lined up to pay more then asking price.

Last edited:
Yes it was definatly 375k. Agent knew it will sell for more then 365k.

Same propety failed to sell at 345k in dec 2011. Now it has buyers lined up to pay more then asking price.

I am surprised it failed to sell in Dec 2011, however perhaps a timing thing, Xmas etc. , cos the market in Girrawheen started soaring from around July 2011 and has gone from strength to strength.

We are now seeing some properties break the $400,000 barrier, but they generally need to be unique, ie larger than 692 sqm, corner block.

The double brick homes are selling around $390,000, in decent condition.

Found out the agent has been offered $385,000 for this property:eek: which needs substantial amount of work and seller not keen on this price. I think it is purely location, proximity to Wanneroo Road which is why the asking price is so high.

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-girrawheen-113922239

If anything the location is too close to the major roads for my liking.

The thing I can't figure out for that property is the second photo. It looks more like an office than a house (the ceiling looks like an office block, not just a couple of desks in the living room).

I did like the place on Roxwell road - would have been very easy for a retain and build (well except for the ground sloping away to the back). Priced accordingly of course though!

Back