mirrabooka, balga, nollamarra

You're clearly just being argumentative for the sake of it because the original point was that just because "everyone is doing it", doesn't make it financially prudent.

I think you've missed my point , the point was there is still interest in the girrawheen market and prices are still rising because of it.

How is it any less sustainable that what is happening in Sydney. Sure, it's a **** area in some respects but its still affordable and they (the government ) seem to be making en effort to improve this part if Perth.

I'm not sure if you are aware of what happened with Balga villa's, properties in Rockingham and Mandurah in the past? They were very hot areas, lots of investors buying in, pushed up prices. Then economy turned and you couldn't give them away. Huge price drops. Just be because there is high demand now it doesn't mean it will continue, it means bigger falls for those who get in too late. You bought in at a reasonable price and plan to hold long term but anyone buying in now who is expecting to make quick equity or profits or 'no plan' could end up with losses if they need to sell.

Another silly sale price, the block is larger than norm 718sqm, but you can pay much less for 728 sqm in Balga, the house is ugly, older style

Ray Whiteman again, let's see if they get this price. Not much on the market at the moment, perhaps an emotional buyer???

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-girrawheen-114802903

Very aggressive pricing. When I saw it was Arnos way I thought it may have been a block opposite the park or even a corner block. As you've said, other than it being slightly bigger than the standard 692m in the area & a nicely renovated place, there really is nothing special to demand such a high asking price.

Very aggressive pricing. When I saw it was Arnos way I thought it may have been a block opposite the park or even a corner block. As you've said, other than it being slightly bigger than the standard 692m in the area & a nicely renovated place, there really is nothing special to demand such a high asking price.

lol I was just looking and was going to post the same place - its not that much bigger than the standard 692m2 block - will be watching with interest as to what it sells for, mine is not far from here.

can anyone help

Hi guys i bought an old house in balga on 693 sqm block about 6 months ago.

my questions are
1.is this block too short for 3 villas?
2.if it is would this block still be a duplex site if it becomes R30 because i rang city of Stirling about 3 month ago and they told they going to rezone balga and my block will be R30 then.
3. how much does it cost get DA?
4. can any pass contact information for the development planners?

Thanks!!!!!!

my questions are
2.if it is would this block still be a duplex site if it becomes R30 because i rang city of Stirling about 3 month ago and they told they going to rezone balga and my block will be R30 then.

Thanks!!!!!!

I hope you didnt buy it as a devo site with out knowing these answers first?

R30 is minimum 260sqm and average 300sqm so will still be a duplex site.

What zoning is it currently? R40?
Any possability of a retain and build at r30?

Cheers

I hope you didnt buy it as a devo site with out knowing these answers first?

R30 is minimum 260sqm and average 300sqm so will still be a duplex site.

What zoning is it currently? R40?
Any possability of a retain and build at r30?

Cheers

First of all thanks HD.

It is R40 at the moment. property is in average condition. i am living in it at the moment this is my first home. kitchen and bathroom were renovated b4 I bought it. it has got new paint and carpet.

i don't think retain and build is an option because the house is right in middle of the block.

First of all thanks HD.

It is R40 at the moment. property is in average condition. i am living in it at the moment this is my first home. kitchen and bathroom were renovated b4 I bought it. it has got new paint and carpet.

i don't think retain and build is an option because the house is right in middle of the block.

R40 would be minimum 180sqm average 220sqm so effectively 660sqm block. But theres alot more to consider with access leg and block layout and build sizes etc.

Or .6 plot ratio for apartments so 415sqm or so build area.
R30 will be .5 but city of vincent wont allow multiple dwelling on r30.

A da would take about 3 months to complete. Costs vary.

Contact aaron sice on this forum for a more expert and precise analasys. He will probable be able to get something approved for you before the zoning changes.

Cheers

my questions are

Thanks!!!!!!

1- no - i did one on 676? sqm a few years ago - keeble way - rear was a lofty style house.

2 - stirling are dreaming if they think WAPC will pass it so they outlaw multis in the area. but yes - still a duplex.

3 - triplex? about 1800 ish.

4 - thanks, HD Ace,

Attachments

• Di Rosso siteplan.pdf
    101.2 KB · Views: 97
R40 would be minimum 180sqm average 220sqm so effectively 660sqm block. But theres alot more to consider with access leg and block layout and build sizes etc.

Or .6 plot ratio for apartments so 415sqm or so build area.
R30 will be .5 but city of vincent wont allow multiple dwelling on r30.

A da would take about 3 months to complete. Costs vary.

Contact aaron sice on this forum for a more expert and precise analasys. He will probable be able to get something approved for you before the zoning changes.

Cheers

vincent do - stirling / vic park / canning dont.

1- no - i did one on 676? sqm a few years ago - keeble way - rear was a lofty style house.

2 - stirling are dreaming if they think WAPC will pass it so they outlaw multis in the area. but yes - still a duplex.

4 - thanks, HD Ace,

Thanks for posting the a attachment gives me a feel for what is possible on my block

4 - thanks, HD Ace,

thanks a lot for the information Aaron.

I see the houses listed by Ray Whiteman Mirrabooka close to mid $400s are not rushing out the door, perhaps buyers realise there is better value in Balga where the block already zoned R40.

Looks like the end product villas are starting to rise in price in Westminster. A number of sales in the $450 and over brackets instead of low $400s.
It might be time for me to think about off loading mine before they loose their 'almost new' tag

Back