mirrabooka, balga, nollamarra

Its demand and lack of stock pushing prices up, even on main roads.

I just hope it keeps up for a couple more months while I do the reno of my Marangoo property to get it ready for me moving in.

Might be worth having it revalued so the equity is there ready for R40 and the build out the back.

I just hope it keeps up for a couple more months while I do the reno of my Marangoo property to get it ready for me moving in.

Might be worth having it revalued so the equity is there ready for R40 and the build out the back.

I think zoning is 3 years off at least???

I know most of you think the ship has sailed
On Girraween, but what It is a reasonable price to pay for a 4x2 on a ~690sqm block on one of those R60 proposed sites?

Even though the property is proposed R60 it is still only 690 sqm block, it is also dependent on location and whether it is a double brick home as they achieve higher price? Could be anywhere around $400-420K+. Rents also vary $350+ pw dependent on condition/bedrooms.

Closer to Wanneroo Road is the better pocket.

The ship has sailed, and you have 3 years to wait for rezoning. I would also look at Marangaroo, Mirrabooka, Beechboro.

Even though the property is proposed R60 it is still only 690 sqm block, it is also dependent on location and whether it is a double brick home as they achieve higher price? Could be anywhere around $400-420K+. Rents also vary $350+ pw dependent on condition/bedrooms.

Closer to Wanneroo Road is the better pocket.

The ship has sailed, and you have 3 years to wait for rezoning. I would also look at Marangaroo, Mirrabooka, Beechboro.

Prices in Girrawheen are now in low to mid 400s, people were saying here 6 months ago that the ship had sailed when prices were in mid 300s

It was supposed to be two years in April 13 which means sometime in 2015 not three years from now?

Prices in Girrawheen are now in low to mid 400s, people were saying here 6 months ago that the ship had sailed when prices were in mid 300s

It was supposed to be two years in April 13 which means sometime in 2015 not three years from now?

My understand is that it was changed last year and should be rezoned 2016, phone call to Council will sort out what the proposed date is.

Unfortunately this has now happened several times, where the Council re-scheduled date, this could happen again, nature of the beast.

I am very confident zoning will go ahead ...just a matter of when.

Where does GirraDoolaRoo sit with the council amalgamations? I'd be somewhat cautious if a different council is taking over it - or ecstatic if it's a council that is more pro development.

Where does GirraDoolaRoo sit with the council amalgamations? I'd be somewhat cautious if a different council is taking over it - or ecstatic if it's a council that is more pro development.

I have not heard there will be any changes, still come under Wanneroo as far as I know??.

Good point though.

Spearwood which is currently under City of Cockburn will shortly come under City of Freo, apparently they are a nightmare to deal with.

Fortunately went through City of Cockburn for my deve, this council is the 'dream team' for developers.

I have not heard there will be any changes, still come under Wanneroo as far as I know??.

Good point though.

Spearwood which is currently under City of Cockburn will shortly come under City of Freo, apparently they are a nightmare to deal with.

Fortunately went through City of Cockburn for my deve, this council is the 'dream team' for developers.

is that certain - i thought they were trying to push towards all of cockburn joining up with kwinana council?

going to be a shame regardless, i liked cockburn councils visions, hope they keep the same

is that certain - i thought they were trying to push towards all of cockburn joining up with kwinana council?

going to be a shame regardless, i liked cockburn councils visions, hope they keep the same

When I looked at the map when the story first came out in the West, Girrawheen was going to be part of Wanneroo still.

When I looked at the map when the story first came out in the West, Girrawheen was going to be part of Wanneroo still.

Wanneroo are one of only 2 councils (I think the other was Rockingham) that weren't being touched by the amalgamations so it should just be business as usual for them. I think the delay is partly coming from the WAPC, who seem to have been significantly under-resourced for the past year or so

Yes, pretty certain.

Not sure what areas will come under Kwinana Council, but many upset about this one, because they think it will devalue their properties as its a perception thing - Kwinana lower demographics.

I think zoning is 3 years off at least???

Yeh I am thinking realistically 2016/2017 given the way the WAPC normally is.

However, I think with prices still rising and some reno work, a valuation may be handy by years end to see what equity I have so I know I am on track to being able to borrow to build out the rear when R40 goes through.

Won't need much, building at cost price as my Builders Registration should arrive in a few weeks :cool:

Yeh I am thinking realistically 2016/2017 given the way the WAPC normally is.

However, I think with prices still rising and some reno work, a valuation may be handy by years end to see what equity I have so I know I am on track to being able to borrow to build out the rear when R40 goes through.

Won't need much, building at cost price as my Builders Registration should arrive in a few weeks :cool:

Congrats on the ticket!

Apartment in Joondalup

Hi. Apologies for diverting the topic a bit..............I am a newbie (strategy : buy and hold). Trying to find out the better one from these two properties:
First one is a villa (3,1,1) at Connolly in a complex of nine. GRY 5%, 220 sqm, close to schools, freeway ,beaches, Joondalup golf club. Second one is an apartment in a complex of 8 in Joondalup. It is a 2 bedder, 89 sqm, close to all facilities (but not too close!) and without pool/lift/gym. GRY 5.9%.
Am I wrong in picking up these properties as the CG for these two suburbs weren?t very promising for last few years? Thanks in advance for your thoughts and suggestions.

I would think that street is definitely planned for zoning increase, and regardless even for a single home on that size block in the suburb its listed really cheap, like as cheap as the older style villas/units in the area.

Back