Missing paperwork - finding construction date

Hi,

I have seem to misplaced my IP paperwork...:rolleyes: and I need a contruction date to draw up a depreciation schedule

I've spoken to my solicitor and he said that he can only provide me with a title search but no contruction date.

My mum dosen't remember what lawyer she went to do the legal work...

So is there a way i can find out what date my IP was contructed?

Thank you in advance

Michael

Check inside the electricity meter box - there is often a sticker there with the date electricity was first connected.
Otherwise the local Council records should show when final approval was given.
Talk to the neighbours, they often have long memories. You are really only interested in the exact date if building depreciation can be claimed. This was first allowed in 1985.
Marg

Please pardon my ignorance... but what does "HWS" mean?

The electricity meter has been replaced a few years back as i recall but I'll give the council a try and see what kind of information they have on my IP.

Do you think going to a real estate help?

I'm in Qld. I go to the local council and ask for the sewerage plan. This costs nothing. It shows when the sewerage was first connected.

Kinga

hahaha @ Propertunity!

Ok thanks guys I'll give the council a call and Scott "the appreciator" already told me it's pre-1985... i was surprised cause i thought it looked "new" :rolleyes:

Just for future reference, what about the plans for the the house and title search? go see my solicitor and his not going to charge me is he? i don't know him that well hahahah

Thank you Michael

Back