Modern kitchen...? Really?

LOL. What the.

Actually it just occurred to me, there were no doors on the cupboards, perhaps they were mid-renovation when the photos were taken.

Pretty funny though.

I think you're right nhg. But it's sure to make people look twice. The agent really should have mentioned that in the description. I can see good potential tenants not bother inspecting after quickly flicking through the photos. I'd be a very unhappy LL if a PM left that important detail out.

That style kitchen didnt have doors, it was open cabinetry with often a fabric front cover drawn on a rope along the top to hide the pot and pans.

It was a method used when fitted kitchens became more popular post WW2 (before that kitchens were typically free standing cabinets) but raw material shortages such as timber meant extravagances like timber doors for kitchens were not a priority compared to sourcing enough timber to build the house.

lol, he may have meant modern bathroom though...

but the kitchen sure aint modern, that one slipped thru to the keeper :)

That style of carcass dates back to the 50's -60's so more like 50+ years ago.

No matter how you dressed it up it would never be a modern kitchen :D

Haha, just like the 'original' kitchens in some of the H/C properties, but without the doors. Definitely 50's-60's.

Even if you put new shiny doors on it, it would still be dated.

This is a modern kitchen?

I'm so far behind the times.....

I've just had a new kitchen cut - and I've ordered the doors too....which according to these pics aren't really a requirement for a modern kitchen :)

Cheers

Jamie

Open plan designs are pretty modern, and they just happen to have an open plan cupboard system without any doors. Sounds pretty modern to me :)

Maybe he did the usual PM trick of just recycling an old ad for a similar sized proeprty, and actually has no clue about what he is selling?

My (hopeful) guess is that the kitchen has been renovated and that is the before shot.

If not then that really pushing the boundary of "agent speak" and is nothing more than mis-representation.

"Modern art includes artistic works produced during the period extending roughly from the 1860s to the 1970s"

in that sense it could be modern

a 70s mission-brown sap-green could be post-modern

and anything from the 80s, contemporary

but there is a description that does apply 'Yuk'

Obviously, you guys did not click on the photo to enlarge it.

The new cupboards on the right hand side are not original ...

so its obviously been .... "modernised" .... :)

Sadly another point could be that the kitchen has been replaced, and they have forgotten to either take a new photo, or if they have done that, someone has forgotten to link it.

That's why agencies need "complete" checklists, and follow them to ensure this does not happen.

Back