Modifying a project home...

Hi all

I have looked at a few project home floor plans, specifically Masterton (which I like the most in comparison with the others I have seen).

We are looking at dual occupancy on a corner lot, in Parramatta Council.

It is likely that the area for the new house won't be too deep. Most floor plans I have seen appear twice as deep as we may be able to build. Where as we may be able to build a wider house.

Are we able to modify project home's floor plans by much? However, if the lot is not as deep, and much wider in comparison to the floor plan, it may be a major modification!

Thanks
monalisa

Some project home builders won't allow you to make changes, others will charge you modification fees while others will allow you to bring your ideas and will draft from scratch for no or just a minimal fee. The smaller the building company generally the more flexible they may be.

Most project builders will allow house designs to be shortened and will reduce the price but widening an existing house would be considered too much of a change.

I would tend to look around to see if I could find a custom builder with a wider design or go the custom builder route.

Last edited:
Masterton will charge you a bucket load to change and when they do the works, you will need to follow the build closely as any deviation to the norm will often result in errors.

Keep looking at different builders to see if there is a better fit or alternatively design your own.

Hi all

I have looked at a few project home floor plans, specifically Masterton (which I like the most in comparison with the others I have seen).

We are looking at dual occupancy on a corner lot, in Parramatta Council.

It is likely that the area for the new house won't be too deep. Most floor plans I have seen appear twice as deep as we may be able to build. Where as we may be able to build a wider house.

Are we able to modify project home's floor plans by much? However, if the lot is not as deep, and much wider in comparison to the floor plan, it may be a major modification!

Thanks
monalisa

Small modifications are ok, big ones are expensive.
Look for designs you can possible tip on its side by moving the garage door to the other side of the garage. That would be your cheapest option.

With Allcastle homes ( built in 2008/9), didn't charge us anything for changing. We REALLY changed a lot! They only charged us for extra floor space or wet area.

Back