Mooroolbark, VIC

Hi everyone,

I have been looking into suburbs in the East of Melbourne for some time now and I continuously find the Mooroolbark is an up and coming suburb to look out for with anticipated capital growth as a result of the east link and proximity to Eastland and local train stations and shops. Given Ringwood is now out of my price range, I am looking for the closest adjoining suburbs that I can afford to develop on and I think Mooroolbark maybe the answer?

Has anyone else looked into this area and its potential?

Mykie

i reckon you are not alone...

some big blocks of land out there too.

subdivision potential aswell.

only downside might be rental yields are a touch low, as prices have risen fast in this area already over last 5 years.

Sub-division potential is very good out there, The Yarra Shire council is pretty open to sub-divisions also with a heavy amount of developments taking place there.

I have been monitoring the area for a while and I purchased the RP data report for it which only indicates good potential

Have you included Croydon in your search as well?

What kind of price range do you have if you don't mind me asking?

I/we were lucky to get into Ringwood/Heathmont when we did (Property 1 purchased 2006, Property 2 purchased June 2010), otherwise we would be looking Croydon, Mooroolbark, Wantirna lost us a while back...

If you like sub-dividing then go for it! Bricks and mortar is more my thing, instead of sub-dividing..but lots of land out that way.

its a long way from the city and maybe increase as much as areas such as Blackburn etc

Rodney, can you explain what you mean by this?
First you say "it's a long way from the city" - bad thing :mad:
then "maybe increase as much as blackburn" - good thing :)

Not sure what you meant...

Back