Moranbah - Qld

Anyone have any thoughts on Moranbah or generally the Bowen Basin coalfields area??

There appear to be a few +CF going around. I have been living in the Karratha feeding frenzy for quite some time now and it seems that the property values have now, by and large, caught up with returns. With the average around the early 5%.

I am wondering whether the Basin may be on the same path, a couple of years behind the Pilbarra Iron Ore towns.

Any and all input much appreciated.

Cheers Chrisv

Moranbah took off ages ago. In your own state try Kambalda, up 33%+ over last 9-12 months with yields of 7.5-8% in some cases. Moving quickly.

Hi pmcintosh,

Have you bought yourself in Kambalda or are you planning to. I've just looked at properties online and yes things seem to be selling well there. Have you a little more info on the general outlook for Kambalda? I hope you don't mind me asking.

Sorry NOTOOLS I'm no help regarding Moranbah.

Hi Lesley

Yes, I own in Kambalda, bought a little under a year ago. The beauty of the place is that a lot of the properties had undergone a reno before they were offered for sale so you got the benefit plus a decent depn schedule to help the numbers. While the resources boom is on most mining towns will have a future. The returns are about the best you can get for the size of the outlay.:)

Back