More respect for landlords

I don't think I could ever look like that even in the right outfit. Also, I am very anti-smoking ;) :D

Maybe this then ;)

HatPurse2.jpg

Personally,
I don't want anyone to know what my wealth is; not even my family. From personal experience I can tell you;
Families; get jealous and the not so well-off can even resent you and treat you differently,
Friends; ditto (the really good friends are happy for you and will get on board to a degree).
Less fortunate folk can try to take advantage of you because you have it, they don't, and they want it.
Many people want to look rich when they are not and it's sad. I don't ever want to look like those people.
I know some very wealthy people who simply look like you and me. They have a nice life and no-one bothers them.
Wealthy; but not famous or glamourous - inconspicuous; that's what I want.

BoatBoy Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy
(Ironically, I think there'd be some forum members who would love to tell the world about their land ownership, judging by some of the conversation on this forum.)

I think the bank's own most of it Timmy, we just control it as best we can.

Should telling people about our successes (and failures) be something to be ashamed of, and if so, why?

After all it does lend credibility to comment's if you have an idea if someone has had a result in the market, or infact owns property , sorry, controls property at all.

Dave

In theory, this would be correct, but the problem with that Dave is then people with no results (yet) and/or limited knowledge may feel too inadequate to make a post. They may think that their opinion is not worthy (I have been there); especially when you first join a forum and everyone is conversing like old friends, and you are the newbie. Even newbies with no results can be learnt from.

And, you get the other problem of people who have lots of knowledge and results, and get arrogant and condescending and attack those who ask "stupid" questions or make an un-informed comment. This happens too regularly.

I think it's best if we all be humble, treat others with respect, try to help others based on our knowledge, and don't be scared to voice an opinion.

Did I mention I'm an idealist?

Well I already make my peasants, er I mean tenants call me m'lady and walk backwards down the street in front of me throwing rose petals so my footsies don't touch the nasty ground, so any further landlord rights you propose are fine with me.

Well I already make my peasants, er I mean tenants call me m'lady and walk backwards down the street in front of me throwing rose petals so my footsies don't touch the nasty ground, so any further landlord rights you propose are fine with me.

I was thinking more like King Xerxes in the movie 300.

He had slaves crawling fast on hands and knees while he stood on their backs.:)

Dave

Back