More than one PM to get the IP rented?

just wondering if it is possible to assign two or more agencies to rent a property? currently its vacant.

Great question. From what I understand (in Victoria at least) you sign an exclusive leasing and managing authority with a certain period of notice required to change managing agents, so I don't believe you can run concurrent managing agents like you can with tandem listings if you are selling a property.

Actually I've just checked my QLD (REIQ) contract for my IP on the Gold Coast and it's a similar scenario.

you can run as many agents as you like to get a property rented - it is the same as open listing (multi-listing) a property for sale.

obviously only one agent manages once a tenant is located.

The down side (as with open listed sales) is that many PM's won't work particularly hard to locate you a tenant as there is every chance that someone else with end up renting it out.

the best thing to do is find a PM who actually knows what they are doing and works hard for you.

cheers

out of interest, if you have an exclusive agreement of 90 days and a continuing authority period of a further 30 days after the exclusive period and you break the exclusive agreement part way through, what cost would you incur.

From a business point of view (I run a property management business) why would you devote resources to getting a property filled if the management is not garanteed?

You would be asking someone to lose money over your listing at the off chance that they could secure a tenant before another agent does. If they take the opportunity they are in a desperate situation and maybe not the agent you want to be dealing with!

Back