Mortgage Broker - Melbourne

Hi,

Does anyone know good mortgage broker in Melbourne other than two (Aaron - Ace Capital & Pete - Sage Lending) recommended on this forum?

Thanks,
Teshy

Tobe Cooper (tobe) works with RAMS 03 9770 2277 - and he just responded to your post

Kristine Broom (Kristine) doesn't post much any more but has a lot of older great posts. I've only got her private number but you should be able to send her a PM.

There was a bunch of others, some retired, many don't post much any more.

Thanks Pete!

@Tobe - nothing against Pete or Aaron. I would prefer to talk to few more brokers before going ahead with one who will be part of my Investment journey.

Thanks Pete!

@Tobe - nothing against Pete or Aaron. I would prefer to talk to few more brokers before going ahead with one who will be part of my Investment journey.

I know you wanted other recommendations but honestly Pete from Sage Lending is fantastic; he would be my recommendation for Melbourne.

He can put up with me calling all the time and pushing my loans to the limit and still give fantastic service and advice so he gets a big tick in my book!

Hi Guys,

I appreciate all the positive feedback of Pete but I would really like to find out more about other Melbourne Brokers.

Anyone can recommend any other brokers? Doesn't have to be on this forum.

Thanks
Teshy

Thanks again Pete!

Yes I prefer someone in Melbourne so I can meet face to face even though I know most of the work will/can be done remotely.

Hi guys,

Thanks but I'm more interested to find out about other Melbourne Brokers than positives/negatives of Pete & Aaron.

Cheers

I think you will need to get recomendations for another broker from another source Im afraid. Seems people on here either only like a couple of brokers, or the other brokers they used werent memorable enough to recomend.

As far as meeting in person goes, for a lot of brokers, they only schedule a face to face when they are confident of an application proceeding, or they are new to the role, or you are meeting them in their office at a time that suits them.

If you are thinking of lining up brokers to interview after hours in your home you might be disappointed.

Teshy, if you are not interested in using the brokers from SS, then why would you bother to post on here?
Wouldn't it be easier to just google and find out for yourself

It's similar to your other post asking about accountants

SS has a big community of followers and readers..but a small community of posters.

So if you want recommendation outside the SS community; it might be worth while to ask your friends/ work mates and family on who they used and their thoughts? maybe even post it on FB?
:)

I think the first thing is to take recommendations from clients of brokers, and not ones hand-picked by the broker themselves for their testimonials.

And perhaps not to take recommendations from brokers recommending other brokers which seems to be happening a bit here - as there is the possibility of a conflict in doing this (ie. "you pat my back and I'll pat yours").

And also remember that being a broker and posting on Somersoft does not automatically mean they are a good broker.

And further that if many people here are singing the praises of just a few brokers, these guys may be run off their feet with new business (I'm sure someone can create a poll to establish how many people on the forum use or have used a forum broker in the past) and not be keeping up with their workload!

Talk with a few over the phone. See who you make a heart connection with and make a choice from there.

Technical skills are vital but you will be working with a person so important to have the right fit.

Be respectful with their time and knowledge as its taken many hours (often without earning a cent) to accumulate. Be upfront with your intentions as the majority of brokers dont get paid until a deal is approved and even then it can be many months later.

We have commitments to meet, family to care for etc.

Also would like to add that if you have an issue with someone its best practice and just plain decent to speak with them directly rather than vent on a public forum. There is always a few sides to every story.

Back