Mortgagee Sale by auction

Thanks for your replies. However, I'm told that if there is a shortfall the financer who has taken possession of the property claims the difference on LMI. Do THEY then come after the poor disposessed 'owner' or is that what the huge premium charged at the start of the loan was meant to cover?

Ordinary insurance principles would suggest that the LMI insurer would pay the difference to the bank and then subrogate into the shoes of the bank and pursue the defaulting debtor to recover the difference.

Same way your car insurance works if somebody else prangs your car - your insurer pays you and pursues the person who caused the accident to recover the amount.

Oh, and make no mistake that LMI is for the safety and convenience of the lender - not the debtor. I.e, the debtor is not absolved of his ability to pay the loan merely because he paid LMI.

The insurer covers the lender's risk, not the borrower's.

look like new smick properties. they sold individually for $270-355k, grosely over priced between end 04-early 06, value at that time approx 250k, now value is between 190-225k. i brought 2 in the block today for $140k and 135k. they rent around 210-220pw and represent great value and little out of pocket expense. i saw these go to auction on weekend but did not meet reserve so called up when i saw come on market and offered these figures and they got accepted straight away.
BTW, these are in western sydney aswell.

I see a few townhouses out there for 150-200k, but I think you haven't factored in the damages bill.
I also see no point in buying that type of property when you have brick standalone houses in better locations (though not that great) listed for ~250K with much room for improvement & rent increase.
Not much you can do on a townhouse unless it's been trashed inside.

Please Help-

Hi All,
I was wondering if you can help me with a little info, I have been trying to track down bank sales & deceased estate property ausctions for an investment property but cant find the info any where- any suggestions where I can get the info from?
Cheers
Louise :confused:

Back