My First Drug lab

Looks to me like it was a hydroponic growing setup rather than a drug lab.

Mind you they could have been doing both.

Any idea what actually caused the fire? Seems like most of the damage is fire related.

Certainly don't want this happening in any of my houses.

Cheers

Come now TE, that's a growing house. :)

Hydro setup in pic 29, pics 17-18 shows the hole from the removed carbon filtration unit.

Electrical fire I'd assume.

Growing house = AOK.
Meth Lab = BAD. Have to meet health and safety cleanup requirements.

Come now TE, that's a growing house. :)

Hydro setup in pic 29, pics 17-18 shows the hole from the removed carbon filtration unit.

Electrical fire I'd assume.

Growing house = AOK.
Meth Lab = BAD. Have to meet health and safety cleanup requirements.

haha, why am I not surprised that Cjay knows about all the regulations and stuff !!!! lol

Show us your setup Cjay !!!!

Definitely a Mary Jane house. The wires hanging from the ceiling are to hold the grow lights over the plants, the bamboo stakes to hold the plants like you would a tomato and of course the tubs of perlite in 29 to grow in.
Many of them tap illegally into power to reduce cos it costs a lot to run those lights 24 x 7 and power providers flag houses with excessive power consumption as potential labs.

Fire was probably from the illegal power tap, the million power boards piggy backed on each other or Johnny making his munchies and leaving the toastie maker on.

Looks to me like it was a hydroponic growing setup rather than a drug lab.

Obviously this is one is more about the damage caused by the fire rather than the dangers of a drug lab. In those the unfortunate thing is that the property may appear perfectly normal and without danger, unless it has been cleaned and treated coirrectly.

For anyone interested in the types of costs involved in drug/meth labs you may like to take a look at the second page of the flyer below. This is a genuine quote from a claim that we paid earlier this year, and unfortunately they are becoming far too common.

www.rentcover.com.au/files/pdf/Brochure%20PDFs/RERCA4075-Drug-Lab-Clean-up-A4-Flyer.pdf

Obviously this is one is more about the damage caused by the fire rather than the dangers of a drug lab. In those the unfortunate thing is that the property may appear perfectly normal and without danger, unless it has been cleaned and treated coirrectly.

For anyone interested in the types of costs involved in drug/meth labs you may like to take a look at the second page of the flyer below. This is a genuine quote from a claim that we paid earlier this year, and unfortunately they are becoming far too common.

www.rentcover.com.au/files/pdf/Brochure%20PDFs/RERCA4075-Drug-Lab-Clean-up-A4-Flyer.pdf

so what about a hydroponic setup like the one in original link?

is that a case of vacuum and wipe down?

so what about a hydroponic setup like the one in original link?

is that a case of vacuum and wipe down?

I suspect it is then more of a case of repairing any damage that has been caused by the reno's needed to the electrics etc. - but to be sure I will ask the question of an expert and get back to you.

When you walk into a meth lab, there isn't necessarily any "physical" damage visible to the naked eye. Hence the bigger problem.

Back