My Little Hero

Baiting....nah...never....well...only Dazz...LOL!

Well..lets get back on the topic! I am both a dog and cat lover....

....bye the way....the way you answered my post...you also got baited!....looks like you are no Alpha male....better roll over!:D

Alpha male... part time home husband.

better role over.... that's my line(see tag):)

Cheers

Pete

my sister is a registered and fully qualified psychologist..... according to her there is virtually indesputable links between cruelty to animals and criminality. It's pretty much text book knowledge.

One example, rather extreme in know:
You remeber the Anita Cobby murder (was on CIA a while back)??
Well the douche ringleader that killed her used to rape sheep in his back yard then slit their throat for fun.

Skater - you have some very kind hearted daughters. Im sorry to hear your youngest had to see that poor little kitty get run over.
I hope you find a home for them soon! We would take one, but 3 is our limit, and we already have 3.

Skater - you have some very kind hearted daughters. Im sorry to hear your youngest had to see that poor little kitty get run over.
I hope you find a home for them soon! We would take one, but 3 is our limit, and we already have 3.

LOL! Two years ago 3 was my limit too, until I got another litter dumped on me & ended up keeping the two that survived. They were extremely sickly. These ones, though, are very robust. I am hoping I don't end up with seven.

Hi Skater,
I just got home from overseas today and I did raise it with my husband, and still think its a possibility. We just need to talk over some of the practicalities. So we are still a possibility to take one. I'll try to PM you tomorrow and let you know the outcome of my negotiations!
Cheers,
Pen

Hi Penny,

I hope you had a great time overseas. I'm jealous!

I would be really happy if you were able to take one. It's pretty crowded here. I've been playing with them all night to make sure they are too tired to want to play while we are all sleeping. They have now curled up with my daughter in her bed for the night.

Time for me to go to bed now.

I did mean to post an update, but I've got a lot on my plate ATM & haven't gotten around to it.

As Penny said, she took the little girl. I believe that she will fit in very nicely with their family and has another cat to torment (oops, I mean keep her company).

The other, Bob, has not found a home. He is georgous, but with 5 other cats, it really is a full house. He has picked up bad habits from all the others & now has more bad habits than the rest of them. If there is something that should not be done, you can bet your life he will do it.

We are moving to a slightly larger home soon, so hopefully there will be more room for all, people as well as livestock.

Awwww.that's great.
It's so hard to give them up.
I was only supposed to have my grand kitty for a short while, but can't imagine her not being here. So three years later....

Our newest cat, a rescued one, died while we were visiting Aus in November. We miss him, but don't just want to get another cat to take his place.
If one comes to us in need, we probably will though.

Thanks Kathryn. All of out menagerie have been in need. We never planed on any of them. I couldn't be without them though. How quickly they become part of the family.

I dont get it..
I don't get how people don't desex their cats and let them breed when there are thousands of perfectly healthy, cute, cuddly kittens put down every year in pounds and vets across Australia.

I also don't get why more Australians don't build cat runs for their pets and stop them from roaming around their house and killing native wildlife.

If you have ever volunteered your time and efforts for a group such as WIRES or Sydney Wildlife (I don't know what the equivalent group is in NT) and seen the destruction that cute, placid tame pets wreck on native animals, then you might begin to understand why someone might try and kill an abandoned kitten on the road that is destined to grow up and breed prolifically.
In saying that - I do not condone it. Not only is swerving to hit a cat/kitten dangerous and unethical, but it is inhumane and ineffective.

At our home our cats roam freely inside the house and can go through a cat-door into 1/2 of the backyard which is totally enclosed, including a birdproof netting over the top. This gives them access to the outside, without any harm to other animals. They are not allowed outside.
Sounds fabulous. Kudos.

Back