My little project

I have spent the past 12 months renovating a holiday house in the Victorian high country. We live in bayside Melbourne and have fallen in love with the high country. We bought it during the GFC and was really impressed with the view. I drove down on the sunday after my sons football match, took a sickie on the Monday and made an offer a few days later.

Its in a place called Goughs Bay on Lake Eildon about a 10-15mins drive from Mansfield on the road to Jamieson. Its also 30mins to the base of Mt Buller. We can do the trip in 2.5hrs. My daughter came up with the name Chateau Gough.

I used a local handyman and other local tradespeople. My mates came down for a few weekends and we did the painting.

I am hoping to combine my property investing with a lifestyle investment.

Here are some photos;

http://www.stayz.com.au/70445

http://www.realholidays.com.au/cgi-...&fmt=&t=hol&s=vic&c=35444680&p=10&header=&ty=

Tell me what you think?

Just a few questions, curiosity mostly.

But why is there only one photo on Stayz? I've used Stayz often and am always put off when there isn't enough photos.

Also, why is the mirror not above the vanity? As a woman, it would be a hassle to apply make up standing over a bath and having to either hold many products in my hand at once or walk to the vanity each time I need to put something down.

I would've also opened the main bedroom onto the balcony.

All in all though, you've done a great job, it looks great and if I were venturing that way for a bit of relaxation i'd certainly consider staying there :)

But why is there only one photo on Stayz? I've used Stayz often and am always put off when there isn't enough photos.

There's more, but they consist of people in the kitchen and unmade beds... :confused:

I'd be cleaning the place up and taking new photos.

Other than that, the place does look lovely for some relaxation!

I do need to update the pictures on Stayz. I was up last weekend but forget to take some photos. I will add more photos to Stayz.

The ones on the other web site were taken last week. Maybe i should add some photos of Mansfield, Water skiiing and skiing at Mt buller.

There is a mirror in the storeroom which i need to add to the bathroom.

Ah, I just realised, I didn't have those before? Perhaps my computer isn't loading properly tonight.

Good to hear about the mirror too, i'm a bit fussy like that! I really hate that my house doesn't have a full length mirror :mad:

Nice work. Comes up well, and looks a great spot.

Agree with others that the photos on Stayz need to be updated. Was a little wierd to see people :eek: in a shot of a house!

And the messy beds are a putoff. ;)

Back