My new purchase - Highbury SA

This property sold after being on the market for less than 10days. Price hasn't been disclosed yet was advertised $520-570k. Will be fairly comparable overall, land size is ~100sqm larger but very sloping block so backyard not super usuable. This property is in the newer area and has views, although mine will be across from park with only 4 brand 2story houses on the street.
http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-sa-highbury-117107291

Sale Price: $618,500
Settlement Date: 2 Jul 2014

Pretty handy price :) well above asking price.

Anyone recommend a good Architect/Draftee/Engineer/Town Planner for SA

Looking for quotes to get the ball rolling for Highbury.

Thanks for the details Jim.

Update, still searching for best draftee/architect/engineer/town planner

Was looking at two properties on the site, but someone has thrown a spanner in the works suggesting that could be able to get 3 onto the site. Waiting to hear back further will need to look at the sums 2v3.

Thanks for the details Jim.

Update, still searching for best draftee/architect/engineer/town planner

Was looking at two properties on the site, but someone has thrown a spanner in the works suggesting that could be able to get 3 onto the site. Waiting to hear back further will need to look at the sums 2v3.

That is exciting news! Going for 3 can make a huge difference to the profit in a positive way. Run the sums carefully - it might be hard finding comparables if 3 is not common in the area.

That is exciting news! Going for 3 can make a huge difference to the profit in a positive way. Run the sums carefully - it might be hard finding comparables if 3 is not common in the area.

Very exciting as I didn't even think of it. Will be going over sums very closely.

And you're spot on with the comparables being limited, have manged to find one that sold recently though. Very comparable actually.

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-townhouse-sa-highbury-116679275

Have been told 3 on the site pretty much isn't going to happen.

- site shortfall ~30m per property
- frontage shortfall
- issues with placement of crossover due to corner
- council street trees

3 different architects have said they wouldn't recommend trying to fight it in their opinion.

So back to 2, will be looking to get a contour survey and soil test done in coming weeks.

In last few weeks have arrange contour survey.

Then thks week good and bad news. Tenant evicted for a whole list of different reasons, received rent for 6 months, was planning on 12 but oh well.

Better news, spoke with council town planner today with my rough attempted scale drawings on grid paper and looks like 3 could be back on the cards. Plan is to have a duplex and a stand alone. The standalone driveway to be at the side eliminating the issue with council trees and placement of cross over.

Will still need to show a good design to get over the shortfall in site area and frontage, but was positive feedback from the town planner with the right design it could be possible.

Discussion with the architect next week, then concept plans to replace my grid paper :)

Concept Plans

Exciting day today, first look at concept plans.

- Site plan
- Residence 1 which would be PPOR highest spec. 223sqm
- Residence 2/3. 193sqm
- Residence 2/3 alternate option. 176sqm

An alternate option has been completed by the architect. The alternate design allows switches around the garage on the duplex property allowing a wider footprint. Also allows for a more 'effective' design.

But issue in alternate option is that it would require the removal of a council tree. Which isn't likely. At this stage will be looking to proceed with the original plan and when/if approved will then look to push on council for the removal of the council tree. (there is 3 on the site, there's another on observation drive near the garage of residence 1).

Would love some feedback and suggestions.

Attachments

• Concept Plans 1.pdf
    254 KB · Views: 305
Me too - better design and cheaper. But don't think it will fly with council.

Looking at the plans proposed 2/3 (3rd page) bedroom two could be moved over inline with bathroom and bedroom 1. Allowing for either a bigger bedroom or creating a study nook next to the stairs.
Even though would be larger living area would result in a more effecient design, having a guess the cost would be pretty similar with better features.

I like option 1 for residence 2 and 3, less of the what I'd call 'the lived in' spaces along the common wall!

I' wouldnt want my master bedroom or sitting room up against a common wall, with design 1 the utility areas-ensuite, walk in robe, stairs and garage are along the common wall, I much prefer this!

I have some other ideas, will sketch and post when I get a free minute, I love ananlysing plans and finding best uses of space

Back