my poor little man!

got bitten by a big dog today! he stuck his head under a fence to bark at a neighbour's dog (standard activity on our walks) and i as i told him to stop, and pulled his lead back there was extra resistance on the lead. i thought he might have been caught on some wire, but the neighbour's dog (who usually just barks back) had decided to bite today. it's a dirty big dog too. anyways, at 6.30am we fronted up to the after hours vet and poor little max had to have a general anaesthetic to get his face sewn up. 9 stitches! big cut, down to the bone, muscle pulled away from the bone, and 2 punctures in his muzzle... and max only yelped 2 or 3 times during the whole thing - such a tough man!! this pic

http://www.somersoft.com/forums/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=2061&cat=500&ppuser=6148

is when we just got him back at lunchtime, after the general anaesthetic had worn off but he was still a bit groggy. he's now running around as if nothing happened!!! he's just irrepressible!!!! man, i love that dog!

Hope he is okay. We have a little dog and he is like one of the family, so I cringed when I saw the photo. Lucky he still has both eyes, poor little chap.

Wylie.

Lizzie,

If he's a Jack Russell, I bet he will !!

No fear..................

Bill

hi lizzie n bill,
by the afternoon, he was running aroud the yard and barking through our fence to puppies in bordering backyards!! (there're no gaps in our fence for puppy noses) crazy little man! and to think i used to say he was the cleverest dog we ever had... :rolleyes:

Get Well Soon....from a fellow pooch!

Hi Max, (I finally got my Mum off the 'puter to attend to your Mum's post.)

You are a real trooper lad! Those big brutes have no manners and don't know how to get along with us civilised pooches. I think you've been pretty brave with all those stitches. Hope the Vet gave you an extra treat! :)

Is your Mum spoiling you...if not....do what I do, and bung it on a bit. Give her the brown-fudge-eye look...they fall for that every time. Just snuggle up to her a bit, and you'll get extra hugs and attention.

Don't worry about losing your looks Max, the bitches really go for it! They like a dog to wear his scars proudly, and your fur will grow back quickly enuf. But do take care to avoid those brutes in future.

Enjoy your Christmas Max...have you sniffed out your pressies under the tree yet? I have...still can't figure out which one is mine...none of them smell particularly doggy! Make sure you get plenty of that good tucker on Christmas Day...give them your cute-look and they'll give you heaps.

Woof....
ABK9 Sailor

Those big brutes have no manners and don't know how to get along with us civilised pooches.

i don't know - i have a middle sized drog (keeshund/shepard cross) who is the friendliest dog ever, thinks all other dogs are her friends. the only ones she has problems with are little white dogs that try and attack her when she goes up to say hello in our off-leash area ... there are 3 different ones (owned by different people) in out area, and all are the same.

every other dog, she has no problem with, only those little white fluffy ones.

she has no problem with, only those little white fluffy ones.
Well the little white fluffy ones....
big dog & little fluffy dog in the off leash area,
leaving a social card together,
big dog turns to the little fluffy dog,
"Hey little dog, do you ever have any problems of
the droppings sticking to your fur?"
Little dog says, "no big dog,"
and the big dog wipes his bum with im.

Little fluffy dogs are always nervous

Back