my situation

Hi All,

Sold my PPOR last week and now have 5 weeks to move out. The problem is I have been unsuccessful in finding a new place to live.

I have however scored a deal to live with the in-laws :D rent free. This will be a bit of a hassle but now I am just wondering if I should jump straight back into the market (to look for a PPOR) or if I should hold back until after the election and see if RBA raise rates to put more pressure on the housing market.

The area in question is Carlingford/ North Rocks / West Pennant Hills

What are your thoughts ?

Oztexs said:
Hi All,

Sold my PPOR last week and now have 5 weeks to move out. The problem is I have been unsuccessful in finding a new place to live.

I have however scored a deal to live with the in-laws :D rent free. This will be a bit of a hassle but now I am just wondering if I should jump straight back into the market (to look for a PPOR) or if I should hold back until after the election and see if RBA raise rates to put more pressure on the housing market.

The area in question is Carlingford/ North Rocks / West Pennant Hills

What are your thoughts ?
You may find that you don't get along with the outlaws as well as you think.

(Mind you, I do love my in-laws. I bought my mother-in-law a lovely armchair, but my wife woukld not let me plug it in)

Nobody can tell you the best time to buy- or even if you should buy.

For a PPOR, I'd suggest that you start looking immediately. For emotional, not practical reasons.

Your wife will like things you don't, and vice versa.

So don't put yourselves under pressure- and take a lot of time to buy something you both really like. Start looking now.

Yeah good advice Geoff, things may have stalled price wise but they aint going to get any cheaper

Buy the best you can afford and enjoy, because you wont like living with the outlaws

Fredo (Joke) just meaning your own space and doing what you want when you want

free accomodation??
you lucky thing....
As long as there is space, I would take on the offer and move in with the
inlaws while looking for the right PPOR.
Hopefully they will do the cooking so your mrs can do some extra overtime....
How much do you thing you will spend with the inlaws
in your busy schedule? probably not much.
1/3 of the time you are in bed slleping, the rest you work or you are out.
Its a good way to save some money and buy something you really like.
cheers

HIya

Winter is traditionally a slow time in the market.

Much depends on what sort of property your looking at as well.

I suspect a solid PPOR house market wont care too much about rates rising 50 pts, yet the unit market may not be so robust

ta

rolf

Thats really funny Geoff...
Where did you get the chair......auction at a Texas jailhouse....???
Capital inlaw punishment...

KPH

Back