My un-authorised (I am not a mod) 2c on posting etiquette

• If you're replying to the OP (and this is not like the 4th or 5th page of the thread) - why not just say "@ OP" instead of quoting their post verbatim?
  • The same for subsequent posters....
  • If you want to reply to a post - you don't have to quote it in-full.
  • You certainly shouldn't be quoting a post in full to then ad your 1 line reply.
  • If you want to respond to a particular aspect of a post (or posts) - then only quote those parts. Don't be so lazy as to just quote the entire post.

This public service message is bought to you by the "I CBF Scrolling Through Pages and Pages of Crap Society".

Thank you.

President and currently only member of Society.

ps. New members welcome. ;)

The good news is that (mostly to help with responsive mobile-friendly design), the new software we will be migrating to shrinks long quotes text to a smaller box that you have to click on to see the rest of. Helps a lot I think.

• If you're replying to the OP (and this is not like the 4th or 5th page of the thread) - why not just say "@ OP" instead of quoting their post verbatim?
  • You certainly shouldn't be quoting a post in full to then ad your 1 line reply.
  • If you want to respond to a particular aspect of a post (or posts) - then only quote those parts. Don't be so lazy as to just quote the entire post.

This public service message is bought to you by the "I CBF Scrolling Through Pages and Pages of Crap Society".

Thank you.

I like your suggestions. Quoting entire OP's to add one line of reply is most annoying.

Thank you.

Good ideas.

Thank you.

Plus one to that

Thank you.

good idea

I like your suggestions. Quoting entire OP's to add one line of reply is most annoying.

agree.

Good ideas.

sure is.

Plus one to that

make that plus 2.

:D

Thank you.

I thought that was intentional.

I've removed your smiley in the quote so that I can be allowed into Mark's club. [appropriate smiley].

The new software can't come quickly enough.

Plus one to that

good idea

agree.

sure is.

make that plus 2.

:D

lol

Another dislike. Somebody puts an oversize photo in a post, and that photo gets quoted, sometimes several times.

Another dislike....

Nice.

@ GeoffW

In recognition of your long and unwavering support for the aims and objectives of the "I CBF Scrolling Through Pages and Pages of Crap Society" , the Executive Committee of the Society has just now decided to bestow Life Membership upon you.

Congratulations on this most esteemed honour.

Another dislike. Somebody puts an oversize photo in a post, and that photo gets quoted, sometimes several times.

As big as the world?

618486main_earth_full.jpg

Gee thanks Mark.

Dave, it's bigger than that. It's universal.

However my your picture has used up 10% of my monthly iPhone download allowance. Well, it will, when it finishes loading. Ten minutes and waiting.

Back