Myer Briggs Personality Tests

Hello all. Just wondering if anyone here has done a Myer Briggs personality test? They classify people into one of sixteen different personality types indicated by a combination of eight letters. The tests are available for free on the web, you just have to google 'personality tests' (I believe there is one at the 'Simple Minds' website).

They are really interesting to read and uncannily accurate provided your answers are honest. My partner and I have done the tests and our personality types are complete opposites; I am an INTP (sometimes INFP) and he is an ESFJ. So he is the grounded, honest, sociable one and I'm the chaotic airy fairy recluse - great! It certainly helps to explain why we annoy the hell out of one another!! :D

I completed one when i was 14 - OMG THATS 20 years ago. I didn't know it was still around?? I was told back then I could use the results for job interviews - yer right. Do you have a link to this site?

Hello all. Just wondering if anyone here has done a Myer Briggs personality test? They classify people into one of sixteen different personality types indicated by a combination of eight letters. The tests are available for free on the web, you just have to google 'personality tests' (I believe there is one at the 'Simple Minds' website).

They are really interesting to read and uncannily accurate provided your answers are honest. My partner and I have done the tests and our personality types are complete opposites; I am an INTP (sometimes INFP) and he is an ESFJ. So he is the grounded, honest, sociable one and I'm the chaotic airy fairy recluse - great! It certainly helps to explain why we annoy the hell out of one another!! :D

I am an ENFJ... I have done another personality test, can't remember the name, but I am Sanguine in that....

have a look at this...
http://www.personalitypage.com/careers.html

Last edited:
Try this link:

http://similarminds.com/personality_tests.html

It's the Jung test in the right hand column with a choice of the long or short test. Some of these other tests are pretty interesting as well. I have found various versions of the test and apparently the more times you try the test and get the same result, the more likely the result is accurate.

Elkay! come and sit your sometime INFP little butt right next to me on my little INFP couch, I find this stuff fascinating, I find people fascinating..what makes, what shapes us, why are we such a contrasting species but yet so similar?

Our beliefs, our values our perceptions our actions (our words!) can cause arguments, can start wars! But yet we have the capacity to respect, to love deeply, nuture, teach, inspire, learn and care...and always keep asking questions!

You got me reading up on all this again and I found a really interesting web article, if you are so inclined to read it, here is the link:

CARL JUNG

1875 - 1961

Dr. C. George Boeree

http://webspace.ship.edu/cgboer/jung.html

From one unofficial INFP to another occasional INFP, thankyou...

Thanks for the link Steveadl, I am still an INTP on this test. I am flattered to discover that Einstein and Socrates were INTPs also.....so what am I doing wrong then??:confused:

Elkay! come and sit your sometime INFP little butt right next to me on my little INFP couch, I find this stuff fascinating, I find people fascinating..what makes, what shapes us, why are we such a contrasting species but yet so similar?

Our beliefs, our values our perceptions our actions (our words!) can cause arguments, can start wars! But yet we have the capacity to respect, to love deeply, nuture, teach, inspire, learn and care...and always keep asking questions!

You got me reading up on all this again and I found a really interesting web article, if you are so inclined to read it, here is the link:

CARL JUNG

1875 - 1961

Dr. C. George Boeree

http://webspace.ship.edu/cgboer/jung.html

From one unofficial INFP to another occasional INFP, thankyou...

It's interesting isn't it? I think if you understand yourself a little better and recognise your tendencies, you can learn to change behaviours which are destructive and also improve the way you communicate with others (especially one's partner)!!

Please note all, that I do not intend to change my career based on a personality test, I am quite happy where I am thank you!

I think you'll find that this is not THE actual Myers Briggs. The Myers Briggs is much longer and you need to pay to get the results analysed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers-Briggs_Type_Indicator

Yes, the real test is 95 (I think from memory) questions. One then needs to confirm the results by going through the mbti personality descriptions to see if it sits with you. If not, the lowest scoring component can be reversed, and see if this matches better. In most cases, the 2 possibilities should cover the majority of people.

The context in which the test is taken may also affect the answers - eg at work vs at home.

Cheers,

The Y-man

I took the Jung test three times and the results were different each time. :confused: Probably a case of multiple personalities. But we don't all agree on that point...

Oh Dear! I came up an ENTP. Every job I ever did is on the 'least prefered careers' list. (preschool teacher, artist, homemaker) Maybe that is why retirement seems such a great option. The list of suitable careers starts with 'dictator' and ends with 'assasin'. I didn't realise these were considered career choices. Lends a whole new meaning to '"If you don't pick up your toys right now you'd better watch out!".:eek:

Louise

I did this test a couple of years ago during an induction period when i started a new job. From memory i think i got ENTJ or ENTP, can't really remember what that meant tho!

Just having a lot of fun following little trails and info on minds, personalities, left and right brain strengths...thought you might get a kick out of this:

http://books.google.com.au/books?id...xpFPXcQ&sig=sRPxlcZsdUhy78zd13vzjIUR1VE&hl=en

It is a book by Zina O'Leary and is called; "The Essential Guide to Doing Research".

I hadn't found this quote by Albert Einstein before:

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant but has forgotten the gift."
Albert Einstein

The chapters I am reading get into some discussion about our use of right and left brain in research, it gets me thinking to what The Y man was talking about (months ago?) in regard to a seminar he attended, (I think which was held by Peter Spann), and about our personalities and how everyone can be so different and it affects our perception(s) of investing...(or along those lines).

The chapter on "Research as a Creative and Strategic Thinking Process".. is an especially fine read. (Check out the case of the The Perpetual Mapper!).

What if Jung and the follow on similar thinkers, Myer Briggs, etc were actually onto a discovery of right and left brain differences? We know a lot more now about how our brains and it's different hemispheres affect our thinking, decisions, everyday life....but what if Jung was onto all this before....what if Freud was the guy that was saying, no, no the world is flat, and Jung said but I think there is more to this....then Myer Briggs came along and was able to formalise type, and it has no legal respect because the Court and Law can be so....um, black and white?

What if we are trying to shove round pegs (people and personalities) into square holes, legal definition/terms, assessments etc?

Just a thought.

Oh Dear! I came up an ENTP. Every job I ever did is on the 'least prefered careers' list. (preschool teacher, artist, homemaker) Maybe that is why retirement seems such a great option. The list of suitable careers starts with 'dictator' and ends with 'assasin'. I didn't realise these were considered career choices. Lends a whole new meaning to '"If you don't pick up your toys right now you'd better watch out!".:eek:

Louise

PM'd you :)

Cheers,

The Y-man

Back