Myer Briggs Personality Tests

personality test

besides the myers brigg personality test and book there are other ones. I had a thriving business years back and my now ex didnt. He wanted me to help him build a multilevel marketing business and there they went into this stuff but they used a book that simplified it and talked really of 4 main personalities.

Talking of left and right brain developing intuition is something i have put work into recently as i found it made my business thrive years back and i felt it would lead me on a smoother life path, less mistakes, if i perhaps consciously became more aware of it and developing it.

Ond this is Start to notice the great ideas that come to you when you go to take a shower or to the loo or driving or doing housework or when you wake up or go for walks. the intuition or creative side sneaks in great ideas and its worth noting them down and following them up.also on holidays or when we take time out, do creative thigns perhaps paint dance, notice how during or after the best ideas come to you.apparently if we learn to work with both side of our brainw e will expereince mroe success and thigns flow much more easily.

There are lots of books these days about successful peole and how they use both the left and right brain t o succeed in the work place.

Paula.

Article: Try this for a no-brainer..

Just an article written by Bernard Salt from Herald Sun, Tuesday, March 4th 2008:

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,23314093-5000117,00.html

It's really well written, he is a guy with a great sense of humor...and I think the more I get to know me, the more I love me and my brain. :)

I adore encyclopedias, dictionaries etc I totally understand about him getting excited over the new Melways....but I also love well written fiction...

I love having/deveolping the ability to recognise the right side of my brain is just as important and handy as my left; what more could a girl ask for!

It's like this wonderful journey, discovery and finding stuff and fun.

Thanks for the link Steveadl, I am still an INTP on this test. I am flattered to discover that Einstein and Socrates were INTPs also.....so what am I doing wrong then??:confused:

Good grief...how would one know! These tests weren't even around when Einstein and Socrates were alive. And to think that someone has had the audacity to pretend they are Einstein or Socrates in order to do the test to GUESTIMATE what these two men might be. What utter @#$%^&.

The MBTI is a crock. You may as well put as much faith in your star sign.

Just my opinion.:cool:

Agree wholeheartedly with you PM. There is no research on the MBTI that shows it has any statistical validity or reliability. It certainly is not in my professional test library, and never will be. It was originally designed for non-psychologists to determine someone's thinking processes for personnel selection. And then it's not even accurate. Go figure why people continue to use it. Oh! I know...someone's making a buck out of it.

I took the Jung test three times and the results were different each time. :confused: Probably a case of multiple personalities. But we don't all agree on that point...

Yes...well....my point precisely. If you take a personality test, it should be statistically reliable... and that means that it shouldn't change all that much over time.

Hi Sailor

Thanks for your input here - do you use personality tests at all or is that irrelevant for your job?

Cheers

kaf

Hi Sailor

Thanks for your input here - do you use personality tests at all or is that irrelevant for your job?

Cheers

kaf
Yes, we use personality tests to determine normal/average personality profiles, in addition to assessing various types of mental illness. We only use tests that have been designed to international and rigorous statistical standards. The results of these tests have to stand up to scrutiny in a court of law. So they have to be well research, validated, and able to be justified.

The test suppliers (in Oz, UK and USA) will only sell these tests to licensed psychologists (meaning that we have to be registered with the state govt to be able to put up our shingles). The test suppliers also check to see that we have been trained in psychological testing theory and practise at the university level.

Good grief...how would one know! These tests weren't even around when Einstein and Socrates were alive. And to think that someone has had the audacity to pretend they are Einstein or Socrates in order to do the test to GUESTIMATE what these two men might be. What utter @#$%^&.
There was a note of underlying sarcasm in my original comment which you evidently missed. Of course I realise that the test was not around at the time of Socrates and Einstein, partially the reason for my comment. Perhaps I should have inserted a different smiley?? :cool: oh no.....wrong one.....:mad: wait no.....:confused:....I've got it...:eek: I give up.

In any case, I still think the test is interesting and my results are quite reflective of my personality. And no I do not read star signs, am not superstitious and am generally quite the sceptic.

Sailor, being a psychologist, do you find yourself analysing people when you talk to them (or read posts on the forum)? Just curious.

There was a note of underlying sarcasm in my original comment which you evidently missed. Of course I realise that the test was not around at the time of Socrates and Einstein, partially the reason for my comment. Perhaps I should have inserted a different smiley?? :cool: oh no.....wrong one.....:mad: wait no.....:confused:....I've got it...:eek: I give up.
Sorry...missed your sarcasm!
In any case, I still think the test is interesting and my results are quite reflective of my personality. And no I do not read star signs, am not superstitious and am generally quite the sceptic.

Sailor, being a psychologist, do you find yourself analysing people when you talk to them (or read posts on the forum)? Just curious.

I guess tis a bit of an occupational hazzard when I meet people, and generally I don't do it socially. (But, show me a builder that doesn't analyse your house on a social visit!) I find I don't do it over the www tho...no non-verbals to digest!

a builder visitng and analzying your house

talk about builders analzying houses on social visits.

I once invited a guy over to talk about something in my house as he was in the building realestate buisiness.

he was single and he thought it was a pick up line or something but i actually really did just want ot show him somethng in my house.

Paula.

Last time I did one of these personality type tests mine came back saying I was a risk to myself & others around me:eek: - just because I was having a really really $hit day!!

Considering my employer arranged the testing as part of a team building week away, I wasn't impressed! At least my workmates saw the funny side....they kept hiding my cutlery in case I used it 'inappropriately'.

BTW - I no longer work for that company either!

Cheers
Stella

Last time I did one of these personality type tests mine came back saying I was a risk to myself & others around me:eek: - just because I was having a really really $hit day!!
ROTFLOL! That's hilarious. I bet THAT really cheered you up. :rolleyes:

Back