Nab negotiate rate

Hi,
I have over 1.5mil debt with nab and currently on 4.78 across 3 loans, i have been reading on here of others with lower rates with nab. What is the best tactic to negotiate a lower rate here?
Thanks!

Request a discharge or threaten to leave and you will be contacted by the mortgage retention unit where it is their job to 'save' people from leaving.

If the loans were broker originated get in touch with them and see if they can arrange something on your behalf.

Cheers

Jamie

Thanks for responses.

Yes loans are crossed, does this change the equation?

Does anyone know what rates would be likely to be achieved??

Thanks

Thanks for responses.

Yes loans are crossed, does this change the equation?

Does anyone know what rates would be likely to be achieved??

Thanks

with you being crossed, that usually but not always provides for a better rate, since they have slightly better security, and usually a lower number of loans each of which is at a higher volume. 4.78 is quite good thouhg

if NAB is your ONLY lending, cost of funds may be the least of your problems one day............. much of the this 10 yr old post still applies today, with some additionals

http://somersoft.com/forums/showpost.php?p=120656&postcount=6

if rate is your core focus you will always do better with one year fixeds, and or online only cheapy lenders

ta
rolf

thanks for all the replies.

Can anyone suggest what the lowest rate I could possibly achieve here given my total debt to nab?

Thanks

A good broker should be able to get you a lower rate without having to move at all (assuming this is the broker that signed you up to the original NAB loan)

Hi,
I have over 1.5mil debt with nab and currently on 4.78 across 3 loans, i have been reading on here of others with lower rates with nab. What is the best tactic to negotiate a lower rate here?
Thanks!

Speak to your broker (if you have one) to negotiate a better rate. Otherwise leave NAB.

I left CBA with 2mil+ in loans and got a far better rate at another bank. Less bells and whistles than my old bank but I'm happy as it's exactly what I needed (minimal service, low rate)

I thought my recent letter said there is no Homeside anymore and it's all back to NAB?

There is NAB and there is NAB Broker (which was previously called Homeside). Still exists with the same products, features etc, just under the NAB Broker brand.

according to the NAB website the standard variable for a $250-499k loan is 5.08% and with the choice package discount (0.8% for a limited time) it comes to 4.28% or am i missing something??

I have 1.2mill in total loans with NAB and paying around 4.97%. I've also asked my broker a few times about negotiating a lower rate and he's told me to contact NAB direct. I have done this and from memory i got another 0.2% off.. really confused why my rate is so much higher than one loan (say $250k) at 4.28% :confused:

according to the NAB website the standard variable for a $250-499k loan is 5.08% and with the choice package discount (0.8% for a limited time) it comes to 4.28% or am i missing something??

The 5.08 you've mentioned is after the discount on the SVR.

Cheers

Jamie

I have 1.2mill in total loans with NAB and paying around 4.97%. I've also asked my broker a few times about negotiating a lower rate and he's told me to contact NAB direct. I have done this and from memory i got another 0.2% off.. really confused why my rate is so much higher than one loan (say $250k) at 4.28% :confused:

Ring and ask for a discharge of mortgage form. When they ask why tell them you are leaving because of the rate...

My experience is for broker originated nab direct loans - that once its set brokers cant even ring up to enquire on the loan. general nab reply is get the client to ring, we dont talk to brokers. Even if we have full signed consent forms they wont do it via call centre or whoever. Even the broker guys drop it as its not new business.

Real nab broker loans (i.e. homeside) they're different via the call centre at least.

But the PR spin that broker loans are now nab and its all one happy family isnt necessarily true. Its just a branding and the silo mentality still exists.

My point being in some cases the broker may go to put the pricing request in for a nab direct loan and the reply back is get them to call the call centre.

Last edited:
My bank has just pre-approved a loan for me. I told them I would like 3.99 per cent interest rate. They told me to send them the banks and institutions that were offering this interest rate and that they would see what they can do. Perhaps you can list all of the companies/banks giving lower interest rates and present it to them. Shop around. Ask NAB to match the rate you want. If they don't give it to you, be prepared to walk.

Back