Nathan Birch in today's Sydney Daily Telegraph

The abbreviated version is here - the full version in pages 6 and 7 of the paper version of the newspaper, for those who still remember those.

Well done Nathan!

....and I guess all of those whinging, moaning young folk sitting next to Nathan on that ABC programme all those years ago (when he owned 8 properties) about how tough life was and how it was now impossible for young people to get on the property ladder....well, I guess they are still sitting there moaning about how tough life is.

They all were intelligent adults who had fantastic, logical, thought out arguments as to why they couldn't possibly purchase a place.

Just goes to show you.....having all those attributes doesn't count for a hill of beans in the rough and tumble of real life.

Guts, steely determination, persistence, vision, gritty "can do" attitude - these are things that are the ingredients for success.

Being able to wax lyrical about Govt data and quote reports about how you can't do it will get you absolutely nowhere.

Onya Nathan !! A real asset to this forum.

....and I guess all of those whinging, moaning young folk sitting next to Nathan on that ABC programme all those years ago (when he owned 8 properties) about how tough life was and how it was now impossible for young people to get on the property ladder....well, I guess they are still sitting there moaning about how tough life is.......................Onya Nathan !! A real asset to this forum.

Agree. Well done Nathan

In addition to that ABC episode all those years ago, from today's SMH, SQM's Louis Christopher..............."said those from the inner ring had to compromise if they wanted to become homeowners.

''This is all about status versus affordability,'' Mr Christopher said. ''Most first home buyers want to buy in the [inner city]. But the reality is because everybody else wants to live there, they can't get in because they don't have the budget.''

Bottom line is status (perceived or otherwise) and affordability are incongruent bed partners for that first purchase for most first home buyers. Nathan had a crack at an early age and didn't care what others thought about his purchasers (and, no doubt still doesn't care), whilst those with excuses and validations and having to rationalise (rational lies) are yet to front up to the pitch let alone face a ball.

Again, well done Nathan.

Great work Nathan! You're definitely someone who I've watched closely since i joined this forum. I'm a long way off your success but I'll get there one day. Keep it up :)

And don't forget to post a photo or two of the lambo :cool:

Great work Nathan! You're definitely someone who I've watched closely since i joined this forum. I'm a long way off your success but I'll get there one day. Keep it up :)

And don't forget to post a photo or two of the lambo :cool:
That's s Sam Kekovitch, Australia Day style, Lambo geeny.

Perfect story to read on the Australia Day! I bet he has been inspirational to many people!
What amazes me is that his ability to move to other business through his success.

Last edited:
Well done Nathan.

You've done very well and I'm sure your Dad would be proud of you if he was still here.

The house in The Hills sounds great!

A double page spread, nice! Nothing beats free publicity. Congrats Nathan.

I might add too that I, among others, respect your unorthodox investing strategy and how you've conducted yourself throughout your journey.

For others who don't know the path Nathan has trodden is fraught with danger and challenges that most investors would shy away from. It's not easy getting your hands dirty and Nathan has done the hard yards here. Certainly testament to his character.

Back