National Rental Affordability Scheme

I am thinking of buying a unit under NRAS. Would like feedback as to whether people have had good or bad experiences with the scheme.

I am thinking of buying a unit under NRAS. Would like feedback as to whether people have had good or bad experiences with the scheme.

Try a search on NRAS. There's plenty of threads that have already given lots of advice.

One thing of interest is the recent private ruling relating to the state's 25% contribution. That amount is NANE income and costs need to be apportioned between that and the rental income received.

My experience with NRAS is that the government promises and I quote
the Australian Government Department of Housing “rigorous selection criteria are applied by the Australian Government “to the location, design”. It was key factors of “quality” that was represented and stated to me in print and online that gave me the confidence to make this decision to invest in the NRAS.

This is the Government response from the Hon Minister and I quote
"Construction plans and designs of NRAS dwellings are not determined or approved by FaHCSIA."

and again

"FaHCSIA does not have any legal relationship with investors in NRAS dwellings or builders of NRAS builders."

and again

"The statement on FaHCSIA's website to which the claim refers as well as the other NRAS publicity material published by FaHCSIA does not constitute a guarantee or promise relating to the construction of NRAS dwellings by builders, which are not engaged by the FaHCSIA."

So the Federal Government turns its back on investors.

Back