Need Help please - Statutory Declaration

Hi All,
Need some help. I work in Darwin, FIFO worker. Live in Perth and buying a property in Perth. We received loan Documents from AMP bank. There is one form ?Statutory Declaration? for an error in name on contract. Please see attached form, It states that?.
This declaration is made under the oaths, Affidavits and statutory Declaration Act 20
At_________________________________
In the state of Western Australia on
This__________day
Of_____________________2015 by

My Question is: Do I need to fly back to Perth to get this form signed in front of witness or I can download the form and sign in front of witness here in Darwin (NT). Do I need to use the bank form?
I am confused with state and commonwealth statutory declaration forms.
Thanks

Attachments

• Statutory declaration.JPG
    Statutory declaration.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 98
The act referred to is a state one, but where it is signed should not really matter so long as it is witnessed by an eligible witness that is accepted under the WA legislation.

Cross the Western Australia bit out and write the address in the NT you are in. Of course, check with your broker or solicitor for final confirmation.

My Question is: Do I need to fly back to Perth to get this form signed in front of witness or I can download the form and sign in front of witness here in Darwin (NT).

No, the statutory declaration can be signed and witnessed pursuant to WA legislation in Darwin.

Do I need to use the bank form? I am confused with state and commonwealth statutory declaration forms.

You must use the approved wording from the legislation. Provided the bank's form complies with this, I would use their form to avoid any issues with the bank. The wording is as follows:

I,
[name, address and occupation of person making the declaration]
sincerely declare as follows —
[insert content of the statutory declaration; use numbered paragraphs if
content is long]
This declaration is true and I know that it is an offence to make a declaration
knowing that it is false in a material particular.
This declaration is made under the Oaths, Affidavits and Statutory Declarations
Act 2005 at [place] on [date] by —
[Signature of person making the declaration]
in the presence of —
[Signature of authorised witness]
[Name of authorised witness and qualification as such a witness]

My Question is: Do I need to fly back to Perth to get this form signed in front of witness or I can download the form and sign in front of witness here in Darwin (NT).

Thank you very much.
So, To cross "State Western Australia" and to write Northern Terotory is ok? Our MB also asvised to cross and write WA.

Regards;
Vin

Thank you very much.
So, To cross "State Western Australia" and to write Northern Terotory is ok? Our MB also asvised to cross and write WA.

Regards;
Vin

Sure is. That would be the best way to go.

Back