Negotiation Tips needed pleeeease

Yes, that's right ..forget the furniture and secure the property. We have friends their purchased their dream home and put everything ( and I mean everything) into it and they lived for a while without furniture...the house was basically empty. But that has changed after a while .....

My parents have made the REA's cut their commission a couple times in the past to secure sales.

If the REA is getting say $8k for the sale but it's been on the book for 1-2 months already - they're often willing to drop their commission by say $2k rather than let it sit there for another month or two and need to keep servicing the vendor.

My parents have made the REA's cut their commission a couple times in the past to secure sales.

If the REA is getting say $8k for the sale but it's been on the book for 1-2 months already - they're often willing to drop their commission by say $2k rather than let it sit there for another month or two and need to keep servicing the vendor.

This approach works when the selling agent is the same as the listing agent: He is happy because by accepting the cut, he would get 4k + 2k = 6k, better than no sale.

Thanks for your help, really appreciated.

My friends had nowhere to move on the settlement time, and so have bitten the bullet and got a contract for $525k. Their clever solicitor put a very good condition for approvals etc (as it is a new house) to be made available within 5 days. (Its a very good clause and if anybody is buying a new home (still under warranty) - happy to make it available.

It would appear that, after signing contract with said condition, the vendor cannot meet the condition. Apparently there is a pergola that "may not" be approved by council. The vendor had somebody else install and don't know if approval was sought!

Straight away there is an out should my friends need one, but they will wait and see what is given to their solicitor to see if it is worth proceeding or not.

So it would seem one hurdle down, and a couple more to go, council approval and building, BSA, pool and fencing approvals, and then the valuation.

I shall let you know how they get on. Once again, thanks for the help

Sunshine

Back