Neighbour is Stealing Water

But seriously folks. 27 litres of water is a leak, no doubt.

As Simon said no one steals 3 buckets of water, the drama versus the benefit as opposed to filling it up at your own back door:confused:

I'd bet 50 bucks that you could put a lock on the tap and the meter will still move.

On a similar theme, this winter I had a bill for $360 for water usage at an IP. :eek:

A quick inspection revealed a soft part of garden bed and a leaking pvc pipe just before the main solenoid of the retic. I can't remember exactly how much water was lost but at 360 bucks it must have been enough to fill a small dam.

On the subject of doggy constitutionals, why is it that you can walk a dog past 75 scrappy overgrown verges with car bodies etc and several gazetted dog exercise areas but they will always save some till, on the way home, they get to the best lawn in your street to show their appreciation?

On the subject of doggy constitutionals, why is it that you can walk a dog past 75 scrappy overgrown verges with car bodies etc and several gazetted dog exercise areas but they will always save some till, on the way home, they get to the best lawn in your street to show their appreciation?

Maybe they're too pampered. "This lawn doesn't deserve my c%*p!.... Ah, that looks much nicer, it's doody time!" :p

But seriously folks. 27 litres of water is a leak, no doubt.

As Simon said no one steals 3 buckets of water, the drama versus the benefit as opposed to filling it up at your own back door:confused:

I'd bet 50 bucks that you could put a lock on the tap and the meter will still move.

I agree that I have a leak - however it is not the tap in question. I have located the leak with a backyard tap. However, it doesnt explain the night in question - which i have already explained. I have now installed a lockable tap and will keep an eye on things.

Good on ya Monaro, the most sensible option without doubt.

Let us know how your meter observations go, Having been water self sufficient for many years now, and managing our usage, I still reckon 27 litres isn't that unusual.

A house and garden has many metres of piping and dozens of joins, T pieces and other opportunities for leaking, especially if your property is getting on.

For your peace of mind, I hope that's the end of the story.

Cheers,
Beef.

Back