Neighbour stole our firewood! (Aka the tree pun thread)

with a very humble apology from the neighbour

Was the apology from the wife or the hubby ??

I'm guessing the hubby either stole it or arranged to have it stolen, and after your visit, the wife has given him an earful about threats to call the police.

I doubt the wife would be lugging the wood back, but which one apologised to you ??

Only takes a small sharp axe to cut down a large tree,well done Lissie from my experience with bush-bush law some see it very different from city law in nth nsw they never ring the police they just knock on the front door..

Was the husband apologising ... he was very polite and humble - and said that he thought we'd left the area and admitted that he "talked" himself into taking it (even tho his wife had told him that I pick up the mail regularly) ... he he thought the note was just a gee up from another neighbour who'd knew he'd taken the firewood.

Anyhow - there is another tree on the property that we had dropped at the same time that is dead and half eaten out ... told him that I wanted my ironbark, but he could cut up that tree if he wanted (we don't want it) ... gotta keep friendly with the locals and then it's a win win ... I have my ironbark all nicely split - hehe 'cause that was going to be a bugger of a job - and he gets some dried timber if that we don't want.

Last edited:
Back