neighoours on both sides want to build garage wall on fenceline. should i bother me?

neighoours on both sides want to build garage wall on fenceline. should i bother me?

Is there any reason why its better for me if they build it a bit back from the fenceline and not on the fenceline.

one brick wall against the fenceline at my back left side is there already but now the new neighbour on the other side is also wanting to do it.

Should it bother me.

They were hoping to access to build it from my garden but i have a double shed near there.

Thank you

One zero boundary garage.... OK I spose. Two.. hemmed in .

Do you have side access on your house or are you zero boundary as well?

Do they need an easement on your block? That would be my biggest concern, having an easement running down both sides of your yard. I built in a new estate a few years back and we all had zero lots, with each of us having the next door neighbors easement on the non zero lot side.

thank you for the comments

i may want to build a granny flat in my yard will it effect me later i want to build a granny flat if both sides of the fenceline are brick and quite high

will i be affected in any way by having brick walls on both sides built on the fenceline?

will i regret this?

questions please

should i feel hemmed in as one person answered and tell them not to do it.? shoujd i ask them to do it a bit away fromt he fenceline and NOT on the fenceline

or is it fine

what is an easement and how does it apply in the comments to me please,ther eis no shared driveway or anything its a normal house lot with fence down both side and a lane at a the back and one side has brick wall pretty high at the end as a fence, its the side of their garage/ granny flat
and the other wants to do something too .

we have 2 fences down both sides and at the back of one fence its the brick side of one neighbour s garage/ granny flat. and now the other neighbour wants to do the same on the other side. Should i at least get them equal lengths to make my garden look proportion or what should i consider please.

what is zero lots
what is the non zero lot side

how could it effect me please ?

thank you

My thoughts are that really you know your block better than anyone here. Think about the aspect, is it going to block sun from your garden? How big is your block? If it's right down the back & you do t use the space maybe no big deal, if it's where you have BBQs and all of a sudden you lose 2 hours of lovely sunny garden well, yeah it will impact. You should also consider this from potential tenants or future owners perspective. As for granny flat, again think about the current appeal of the location & how this might change. For eg if their patch of the garden currently gets sun& it won't or will get less, yes it will impact.

Plus they are that much closer to you.

I only say this because my next door neighbour was drilling and hammering in their garage at 11pm last night. Blooming annoying.

Something to consider - if they're building a brick wall right up to the boundary, it basically means that you will not be able to build right on the boundary & will likely require a set back I imagine?

An easement means you cannot build on your boundary line, so you will be effectively narrowing the useful size of your block by 1m on each side. Zero lot means the garage is built on the boundary.

Go to homeone.com.au to find out more about this stuff. It is a building and renovating forum and your questions come up very often.

We built a garage in another house that went right up to the back boundary. We had to get permission from the neighbours, then we had to build it with a reinforced solid concrete fireproof wall and additional height above the roof. We did all the building from the inside then if I recall we painted it on their side for them.

I can see how it could make your back yard more private and you could turn it into a Mexican or Mediterranean courtyard if everything ends up in the right location. We cant answer your questions unless we see the site for ourselves, sorry Jason.

Are they asking you for permission to build on the boundary or just telling you that they are going to build on the boundary.

You may not have a say in the matter.

what about eaves and gutter on the garage. Will they overhang onto ypur property?

There won't be an eave/gutter on his side. The brick wall will go about 300mm? above normal height if done the same as here. Then gutter is on inside of wall.
The wall goes right on their side of boundary, normally you can build right up to it with your own parapet wall. (depending on council)

As below best image I could find quickly.

Attachments

• carport details013 (1).jpg
    carport details013 (1).jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 856
Back