Survey strata - neighbours wall

Hi guys,

Quick question.
Own half a duplex in WA side-by-side with a common wall. Its kind of staggered so their half is set back a bit.

My neighbour is planning on extending their side by building an extra room right up to our fence line (replacing a bit of it) towards the back.

Are they allowed to build right upto the fence line?
Do they need my permission?
Will this be of detriment to me??
If i was to build later... would i be able to build to the fence line easily?

Cheers!!

Hmmm I'm not sure. The best people to talk to would be council but generally as long as they don't exceed their open space allowance they can extend up to the boundary line and so can you. It just needs to be a firerated wall which is commonly used in zero lot boundary structures

They will need to get council approval. You'll get a chance to have your say then. They should send you notification. Keep an eye on your council website for applications or ring and ask if one has been submitted.
If they extend and you decide to extend later there will be firewall issues (which you'll no doubt have to wear).

Hi guys,

Quick question.
Own half a duplex in WA side-by-side with a common wall. Its kind of staggered so their half is set back a bit.

My neighbour is planning on extending their side by building an extra room right up to our fence line (replacing a bit of it) towards the back.

Are they allowed to build right upto the fence line?
Do they need my permission?
Will this be of detriment to me??
If i was to build later... would i be able to build to the fence line easily?

Cheers!!

You can always ask the council and the council's planning officer.

Back