Neil Young

Don't know if there are any Neil Young fans on the forum but if there are, I built a web site a couple of years ago just to see if I could. (Read Microsoft Frontpage) Was quite pleased with how it turned out. Probably get approx. 3 emails per day worldwide with questions about Neil Young stuff. It has over 83000 hits so far. To visit the site go here . http://www.angelfire.com/ny4/heartofgold/

Jim

I've a good mind to trash this thread on principle !

But that would probably be an abuse of power :p

PS. nice site

:D

I used to love listening to Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere after some attitude adjusting cigarettes a long time ago in a different lifetime:D:D. Great album. I also really liked Harvest and Decade was an excellent greatest hits...Rust Never Sleeps was a good one as well. His band Crazy Horse rocked, one of the great bands of the era with The Band.

Nice Site, you must be an keen fan.

Sim, Glad you put the smiley face after the comment otherwise I would have been worried that I'd upset you.
Brains, going by your knowledge of his albums, I'd say you are a bit of an avid fan also. A friend told me recently that if he was stranded on an island and only allowed one CD, he would pick Harvest. I think mine would be James Taylor's Greatest Hits.
JIM

Im more of an avid music fan in general and I think youre an old hippy Jimmy Jams:) James Taylor was ok, but i thought someone needed to check his pulse now and then.

I can never answer that desert island question. I like so many records i could never pick one. My answer would probably change every year or two.

And I thought it was restricted to studio albums only, no greatest hits or live.....thats cheating:D

Don't listen to Sim........he doesn't know good music if he tripped over it.

I happen to love Neil Young......but he is an acquired taste :) It's a great site Jim and brought back lots of memories! Thanks :)

I also love Stephen Stills......but I'm showing my age so I think I better stop there!

Ruby :)

Neil Young, eh? I used to listen to Neil Young a bit, and I'm in my twenties. I especially liked Harvest (who doesn't, that likes NY?).
Hey Brains, did ya catch Rage on Satdee? I did, the Datsuns were programming. Guess what they played back to back? Radio Birdman - Aloha Steve and Danno and The Ramones - Rock and Roll High School. For about six minutes there, I was in heaven! Didn't watch much after that, they started playing stuff I don't really like, but geez, seeing those two videos again was great! Especially the Birdman one, Rob Younger sure had a lot of sex appeal back then, a real showman. Geez I'd give anything to have been at one of their shows back in '76 or '77.

Mark
'no hat, some cattle (but the herd is growing)'

Great site JJ.

Neil Young is a legend, its great to have a Discography of all his albums, very handy.

l love Harvest Moon, what a brilliant album!

Harvest Moon

Totally agree Mondie, Harvest Moon is a great album. If you like HM, you will definitely like Neil Young Unplugged as he did this around the same time and there are acoustic versions of a lot of the HM songs on it. Unfortunately, Nicolette Larson, his backup singer who did a lot of the harmonies with him for years including the whole Harvest Moon album, passed away due to complications arising from a cerebral edema in 1997 at the age of 45.
JIM

Originally posted by Mark Laszczuk
Neil Young, eh? I used to listen to Neil Young a bit, and I'm in my twenties. I especially liked Harvest (who doesn't, that likes NY?).
Hey Brains, did ya catch Rage on Satdee? I did, the Datsuns were programming. Guess what they played back to back? Radio Birdman - Aloha Steve and Danno and The Ramones - Rock and Roll High School. For about six minutes there, I was in heaven! Didn't watch much after that, they started playing stuff I don't really like, but geez, seeing those two videos again was great! Especially the Birdman one, Rob Younger sure had a lot of sex appeal back then, a real showman. Geez I'd give anything to have been at one of their shows back in '76 or '77.

Mark

Mark

I missed that, what a double! I bet you were doin the air guitar thing?:D I have Aloha on video and your right about Younger, real classic rock n roll frontman.

Brains,
Nah, my girl was asleep on the couch, but I do plenty of air guitar when I crank the tunes anyway! Another great frontman I reckon is Tex Perkins. I saw Tex, Don and Charlie at Meredith one year, he is one amazing performer. I was awestruck at his seemingly effortless ability to keep the entire crowd transfixed on what was an absolutely amazing performance.
I also saw The Dirty Three at Meredith the year before. Now they are truly amazing. For the entire time they played I don't think anyone that was blessed enough to have witnessed the show uttered a single word, they were that good. Pity they couldn't translate that awesomeness onto their releases, I had a listen to their first album and was quite disappointed, but then again, that performance was hard to top.
That one'll be in my memories for the rest of my life, right alongside seeing the illustrious Birdman last year at the Prince of Wales. Everytime I think about that show, I can't help but grin from ear to ear.

Mark

Mark

Youre fortunate to see the Birdaman at all, so long after they formed. Woulda been big in the 70s as you said.

Tex has so much charisma its not funny. He can work the room like not many others. Ive seen the Cruel Sea so many times ive lost count and the Beasts of Bourbon (one of my faves) a couple of times. Now theres a band to give you a headache.:)

About 5 years ago i went to see Johnny Cash at the Entertainmnet Centre in Sydney (It was crap, he sung religious songs all night with the goddam Carter family), anyway, saw Tex at the bar with 2 very tall female model looking babes, one blonde, one brunnete and one under each arm. Having a great time he was, gettin around with the shirt undone to the waist thing and the cowboy boots and the attitood.....what a rocker..
:D

Apologies for hijacking the Neil thread.......

Back