Nerang, QLD

I've previously looked at Helensvale. Labrador also. What do you guys think of there? Lab has the beach but Helensvale has the train station

When I searched for townhouses on R.E.com I found quite a few also but sqm has the vacancy rate at 1.4% or something like that. To me that seems pretty good. I thought low vacancy might mitigate risk due to the abundance of townhouses, but am I wrong?

Overall I'm trying decide on newer places like this or older places of similar value and yield in logan. Everyone seems to be positive about Brisbane at the moment, I was curious to see if people saw GC in the same light?

Cheers
Michael

I think at this time in the cycle I would be going Brissy.
Townhouses/units Nerang - oversupply which means little growth.

Someone did post the QBE property report just search this, indications are growth for Brissy, outperform other States.

MTR:)

Highland Park

We recently bought (June) a 3brm 2 bathroom house in Highland Park which is a suburb next to Nerang. Overall better quality of house's. Alexander drive runs through the middle of the suburb, we preferred houses in the pocket surrounding Cuzons St/ Explorers Way etc. However on the other side of Alexander there are a number of Duplex's that look over the Gold Coast Sky line. Nice pocket if you can find something at the right price.
Good Luck, Bullfrog

Highland park comes up with a high rating on that hotspotting/boomtown website. Do you guys think there is any validity to a site like that?

Cheers
Michael

Back