New building costs

Hi,

would someone please be able to tell me what the building costs would be for townhouses in Bris?
Construction 2 level, bottom level rendered blocks, upper level ply sheeting, colorbond roof

Thankyou

Hi,

would someone please be able to tell me what the building costs would be for townhouses in Bris?
Construction 2 level, bottom level rendered blocks, upper level ply sheeting, colorbond roof

Thankyou

Howdie, that question has infinite answers based on many variables. I only wish I could punch out an estimate on that much detail and be half in the ballpark; I would be very happy, much less tired and have a husband who worshipped me!

Seriously though, you would need to approach a couple of local builders and ask them if they have done something similar in your area. They may be able to give you an estimate based on something they have recently completed.

Please don't think of these estimates as a price give or take a few grand; they could vary enormously which is why builders hate giving estimates. If you speak to builder who is happy to give you an estimate on some recently constructed buildings then ask him for a floor plan of the property and a rough list of inclusions so you can see what was included. You will also need to factor that your soil type may be different (could alter footing costs), site may be different (could alter site prep costs) etc...the list goes on.

The only way to know exactly how much a building is going to cost is to have the plans drawn up and quoted by a few builders OR have the experience to be able to estimate it yourself using your own DD as well.

Good Luck.

[The only way to know exactly how much a building is going to cost is to have the plans drawn up and quoted by a few builders OR have the experience to be able to estimate it yourself using your own DD as well.

Good Luck.

and i agree totally , you cant quote accuratley from a phone call or a mudmap ,do your homework ,pay someone to do drawings before you contact builders/contractors ,because if you dont ALL estimates will include the percentage for unknown variables and even then that wont fix a set price ,we in the industry are busy enough without having to pre guess what the public means :D :D

Howdie, some dependencies
soil test and impact on footings
council requirements for offstreet parking, water tanks etc.
architectural style and variation from a simple structure
living area m2, patios pergolas, eaves
quality of fixtures and appliances, air con,remote garage doors, roof insulation
whether you want a turnkey solution providing turf, landscaping, drives, clothesline, tele antennae.

I factor on $800-900m2 for basic turnkey lowset brick veneer homes on the outskirts of Brisbane.

I'd guess you might pay around $1200-1500m2 for an uncomplicated basic spec townhouse construction, based on my talks with builders. 2 storey buildings are more expensive m2 than single. plus you need a proper DA and all the consultants that go with that. block, render, and hardiplank all add expense above brick veneer.

Some other stuff
aggregate drives $60-70m2
turf delivered $3m2
fences $40-50/m

water tanks...just remember you may not be entitled to rebates if it is compulsory to put tanks in. depends on your local council

Thanks
Julie,Tom & Winston, for your advice.
The reason I was asking was because my husband was on the phone to a realestate agent when one of the other agents in the office asked her if he was interested in one that had just come up (thinking he was someone else)

It was a block of townhouses which hadn't been build yet, the builder needed a contract on it to be able to get the money from the bank, which was why I was asking about building costs to try to work out a fair price to offer.

Our broker has just got back to us to let us know that it would not be possible on my husbands income, so we are back to looking at houses.

I really appreciate your input & your taking the time to answer my question
Thankyou

Back