New Kitchen - Brisbane

That looks awesome!

I'm biased though, the cupboards look similar to mine, so I love that look. What are the hinges like?

I took the tip from this thread and went to Tony at Kitchens Direct. Had to do a large U-Shape kitchen (around 3m each side) plus a 3 metre wide bar with pantry and cupboards. All 2 pack and black granite came to around $6K. We self installed and the stonemason (for another $800) covered up any of our mistakes :) Can't fault the kitchen at all, and the warehouse and yard are definitely a mess (I thought it was abandoned!) but Tony knows his stuff in helping design, and Rod the stonemason was excellent. We used Max from Max Francis Quality floors to sand and stain the timber floors and the rest of the house while we were at it - around $30 per sq metre and an excellent result.

Thanks for the tips !

OK, I've been trying to track them down and I think there are TWO Kitchens Directs in Brisbane, and James Allen has unwittingly confused the issue by providing the mobile phone number for the "non-Tony" one. Forgive me if I'm mistaken, James, but this is what I've deduced for the two businesses:

1) Mobile number 0412 789 725 and website www.kitchensdirect.com.au - an Aussie-sounding guy answers the phone and says he doesn't know Tony and that I'm looking for the "other" Kitchens Direct.

2) 684 Beaudesert Rd, Rocklea, ph 3274 3988 - I assume this is Tony. Don't know the mobile number and don't know of a website. email [email protected]

Can anybody else confirm/deny/straighten things out, please? :)

If you want to contact Tony at the Rocklea kitchens direct, then the mobile is the best, as sometimes the landline rings out. He never answers emails, so dont bother sending them. And once you see the place, you will know why !

He actually owns all that land where his place is, and said oneday he will build a big shed there, but he is flatout at the moment, so why bother spend a few hundred $k building a shed, when what he has now seems to work (even though to us outsiders it seems like a totally disorganised mess).

He managed to deliver every peice of my kitchen and didnt miss anything, so however they manage to do it, it works. And the price cannot be beaten !

Ben

If you want to contact Tony at the Rocklea kitchens direct, then the mobile is the best, as sometimes the landline rings out.
Then could you please share the mobile number? The only mobile number thus far provided in this thread is for the "other" Kitchens Direct.

Yes the number I put up was wrong, I couldn't find his mobile number at the time so googled it and assuming that there was only one kitchens direct gave the number off the website.

I lost his mobile number but each time I just rock up to his junk yard and talk to him in person, I never had much luck over the phone. If when you turn up your normally have to wait your turn to talk to him.

I'm going there this afternoon to pick up some cabinets so I'll grab his number for you.

One tip, the first kitchen I got from him i asked for it flat pack as I assumed it would be cheaper, he later told me he only charges $150 assemble all the cabinets, it took me a day and a half to do it.

Also there are alot of things he can't get but you need to ask like, like authentic ceasar stone. However I would stay away from his glass splashbacks as at the time I looked they didn't meet australian standards (this may have changed)

Thanks Ben. :)

By the way, it appears from his website that he only does 2-pack doors, not laminates. Do you know if this is true? I know 2-pack is "the" fashion and considered superior to laminate, but I have a personal preference for laminates, and am looking at a PPOR kitchen. :)

I havent seen any laminates there, but you can always ask. As he said he can order special items, but they just take a while to come in. So if there is $$ to be made, then I am sure Tony will try his best to get it.

I wonder if he is rebuilding his front office because he wants an upgrade, or because it fell down ! as it dosent look too stable. And I was there on a hot summers day, and they had a massive area, and one tiny windowrattler aircon unit trying to cool the area, and it was 35+. There were some guys who rocked up in a merc 4x4 in suits, and got annoyed they had to wait so long (I could imagine that it would have been uncomforatble in a suit in a 35c day in a tin shed).

In the end they stormed off, as there was me and a few others to be served first. It was kinga ironic, as they were expecting first class service but wanted to pay low prices. I was happy to wait for Tony, as the prices were awesome. I will definately go back to him for my next renno project !

The stonemason/kitchen installer he reccomended was also pretty good, they did the job well (they didnt exactly wear much safety gear though)

Ben

He has turned the front office into a show room, it's only about half done with new tiles and a couple of installed kitchens, it's a big improvment.

Back