New Kitchen in Brisbane

Moving out of my PPOR shortly. Current kitchen is fairly povo so I'm going to replace it and the gas stove. Whether I turn it into an IP or sell it I feel a new kitchen is necessary. Where do I get a new cheap (not marble with euro appliances) kitchen installed (actually 2nd hand is ok) and what can you expect to pay. 50's style house so a simple wood or laminate job, u shaped with sinks and a separate pantry.

Recommendations of good suppliers would be most welcome.

Is it fitted, ie fits into a specific space like a window recess etc.
Fitted makes it a bit more of a custom job( well the benchtop at least)
We're doing one that has a fitted benchtop so are sticking with the frame and replacing the benchtop/cabinet doors etc.
Comes in cheaper than a full fitout.
Ikea designer is a good place to throw idea's around, ie placement.

Moving out of my PPOR shortly. Current kitchen is fairly povo so I'm going to replace it and the gas stove. Whether I turn it into an IP or sell it I feel a new kitchen is necessary. Where do I get a new cheap (not marble with euro appliances) kitchen installed (actually 2nd hand is ok) and what can you expect to pay. 50's style house so a simple wood or laminate job, u shaped with sinks and a separate pantry.

Recommendations of good suppliers would be most welcome.

I got my kitchen done in bris recently. The tradesman put a L shaped ikea kitchen in with new sink and laminate benchtop for under 3K. This is including removal of old. I was not even there and my PM said he did a good job.

I got my kitchen done in bris recently. The tradesman put a L shaped ikea kitchen in with new sink and laminate benchtop for under 3K. This is including removal of old. I was not even there and my PM said he did a good job.

Name names please!

I recently installed an ikea kitchen in a unit for $2k. Small l-shape with Island bench. It wasn't overly complicated and looks pretty smart.

Alternatively you could get kitcheninabox.com.au to measure to fit, custom build in their factory (flat pack), then install for you. I estimate my $2k kitchen would have been $3k with them? A mate has used them and his kitchen looks fantastic.

Our son installed this Ikea kitchen two months ago.

He used matt finish and solid wood bench tops

Cost was $2580 for the base cupboards and $1340 for the bench tops (needed three lengths).

I got him an $800 oven for about $350 due to it having a mark on it (from eBay, but the Brisbane place sells direct to the public) and a $200 eBay modern stainless range hood which looks great for the price. We gave him a glass cooktop we didn't use for another IP which I bought "off the showroom floor" for a very good price (about $300?). Dishwasher was straight from a store but I could have bought this for much less from a repairman on eBay who buys and refurbishes.

Our son is living in the house, so dishwasher that works well every time is important, but if we were selling, I would have put in a refurbished one.

I don't have a photo of it all finished, but it looks way more expensive than the money spent on it.

I recently installed an ikea kitchen in a unit for $2k. Small l-shape with Island bench. It wasn't overly complicated and looks pretty smart.

Alternatively you could get kitcheninabox.com.au to measure to fit, custom build in their factory (flat pack), then install for you. I estimate my $2k kitchen would have been $3k with them? A mate has used them and his kitchen looks fantastic.

I will second this too. We had Arms from the forum make a kitchen for an IP and it was more expensive than Ikea, but it is made to fit the room, and we are paying for a bespoke kitchen, so the quality is better, and we didn't have to put it together. Our son didn't have the money to go this better quality path, so Ikea seemed the best way to get a "cheap" kitchen.

Back