new "LoA" thread

thought the other thread was getting a bit long - but feel free to mingle them if you wish. http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30437&page=13

update .... thinking about cashflow a lot lately (among other things) and wanting a substantial income confirmed within the next two weeks so that i can put in an offer on a development block that is on tender until end of next week.

well, today one of my vendor finance people decided to hand their house back and head off to queensland. they've renovated the house beautifully, so i said that i would pay for the cost of their reno's (around $10k) - but i'm still laughing as bought for $125k, put on a 20% deposit and now worth around $200k+. the house is currently vacant (purchasers have already moved) and agent will put it on the market next week. once it's sold i will clear around $100k - plenty for the development deposit and some left over for another purchase.

on a less selfish note :D i've also been asking the universe for a purpose in life in the volunteer line. and for the last week everywhere i've looked there have been requests for "delta dogs". these are dogs and owners that go around and visit old people and sick kids for an hour or so a week. i have a beautiful, fluffy, middle sized dog who loves people (and tends to be loved by people) and is generally well behaved. i'll ring and get the ball rolling on that tomorrow. she is a keeshund/german shepard cross ex-rspca with the most beautiful nature.

life is great .... :D

Hi Lizzie

That is awesome news and well done on things going your way, and, for sharing this with us. I am excited for you!

I look forwrad to hearing more good news as the journey progresses

Dale

Hi Lizzie.
Your post set me to pondering.........
I have discovered from the LoA, whatever we do, we do for ourselves, no matter what the intention.Period.
And I find there is nothing wrong with that at all. Just keep it in perspective.
The only way we can truly be of service to others is to be in tune with ourselves. If it feels good to help Delta Dogs go for it but don't expect a pat on the back from anyone else. You attracted it from inside your reality. You are the one who will get the most back out of your actions. Others may or may not appreciate your actions but that depends totally on their own perception and reality.
We have always been taught to give of ourselves to others less fortunate and that is a nice notion but there is a lot of confusion that surrounds this concept. Because the LoA is working in us all, whatever we give of ourselves is attracting more of the same back to ourselves , not to others, as they have the exact same process working in their reality.
For example:
If you help and elderly person in need on the street. You do it because you want to and it will make you feel of service and you will feel good because you feel good when you help others. The other person will also possibly feel good because they had a need and it was satified in them and therefore appreciative toward you which also made them feel good.Two distinct realities being satisfied individually through mutual cooperation.(co creating)
What do you think
Cheers
Simon

Hi Lizzie....it sure works!:D I too have put out a message for some renovation cash. The cheque sits above my computer and I feel great looking at it every day. Hearing about your $$$$ coming to you, just reminds me that LOA works. You rock girl!

Hi Lizzie.
Your post set me to pondering.........
I have discovered from the LoA, whatever we do, we do for ourselves, no matter what the intention.Period.Simon

okay - i've been sprung - it is for a selfish motive - i am doing it for myself cause i want to feel as if i am contributing to society and those less fortunate (makes me feel good) - but i can't be bothered working in a charity shop or meals on wheels or redcross morning calls etc ... but an hour or so a week spent with my lovely dog out meeting people - that's me to a "t".

i would do it to make "me" feel good.

but an hour or so a week spent with my lovely dog out meeting people - that's me to a "t"
i would do it to make "me" feel good.
Lissie if you find a link to a web page about sick kids that like to see dogs
i would like to know, if you could post a link,i have a few spare hours
each day and my dog would put a smile on anyones face..
Generosity can take many forms,and teaches many people to expand
their awareness beyond the confines of what is normally valued in
this world, and the bigger you make your mind the bigger the world
you live in...good luck willair..

Generosity can take many forms,and teaches many people to expand
their awareness beyond the confines of what is normally valued in
this world, and the bigger you make your mind the bigger the world
you live in...good luck willair..

I like that
Thanks for sharing
Cheers
Simon

What a great group, (the Delta Society) Lizzie! Love it, just love that.

We have for many years used pets/animals as therapy in Aged Care and also with children. The response to it is fantastic..I swear nature and animals are the universe's gift to humans.
The light that sparks up back in their eyes, the great feelings of emotion and fun...what the kids learn...I never knew the Delta group existed, so glad to see it, good on them it sounds absolutely brillant.

considering what is going on in the "other" thread - i wanted to share some more things that happened today, that i consider part of the LoA process.

i've been thinking for a week or so about getting a wood bucket for next to our fireplace, in our new ppor. i wanted something brass, and nice looking - almost antiqu-ie looking. not some cane basket that sheds woodchips everywhere and last only a couple of years. well, today i was buying some new walking shoes - next to the shoe shop was a gift place closing down. i wandered (have been in many times before and not bought). right at the back was the exact bucket i had been looking for - it was not a wood bucket, but was exactly the right size and brass with ring handles, enamel glazing on the side and a beautiful hammered pattern around the rim. and was 60% off!:D

for a couple of weeks i had also been looking for a hall table. hadn't found anything, then got a sudden urge to look in a furniture shop i was passing. there was the exact table i was looking for - and at 20% off. then to top it all off - i had been thinking about a chunky, solid wood dresser to match our teak dining table, and use it as a sideboard. we haven't reno'd that area of the house yet so i wasn't really looking - but in the same shop was the exact dresser i was looking for - and marked down from $699 to $399. needless to say i bought it straight away .... now to tell hubby :eek:

oh - also got two parks straight away, near the doors in two very busy shopping complexes.

how else can i prove it works ... i get the money, i get the furnishings, i get the social life, i get the parks and green lights ...

What a great group, (the Delta Society) Lizzie! Love it, just love that.

We have for many years used pets/animals as therapy in Aged Care and also with children. The response to it is fantastic..I swear nature and animals are the universe's gift to humans.
The light that sparks up back in their eyes, the great feelings of emotion and fun...

the juicy Tbones ...

I am so very very grateful for juicy T bones...partner is a scotch fillet man, he says I get ripped off for paying for the bone in my steak, it may be so, but I just love my T bone steak.

the juicy Tbones ...
Do you mean like

Favourite%20Animal.jpg

Since this is a new LOA thread, I would like to offer some personal opinions about the Abraham-Hicks forum as I know a few members from somersoft are active members.

First of all....I just dont get it.

Some of the posters are just so far out there I really wonder if they are really who they claim to be. My bullsh** metre is going over time and one particular member just down out scares me. He claims that he is the master and lord of all Abe stuff blah, blah, blah but all I hear is a very lonely depressed man who has nothing better to do than to silently troll another forum that he hasnt been kicked off yet.

Simon/Lizzie (or any one) , a particular question to you, at the moment there is a thread about a guy who is going to receive 2 million dollars by a benefactor because he is so charming etc My question is you are both investors and have made your money by investing in property and other assets over time. I understand the LOA has guided you in this direction. So why does this poster expect money to be literally thrown at him when his goal is much easily achievable by other means eg investing. I personally find a few posters very lazy and looking for a get rich scheme.

What do you think...I am very interested in your answers because I have just started learning about the LOA.

Mrs Bird:)

I just (briefly, as I couldn't stand to stay there long :eek: ) had a look at the A-H forums and Mrs. Bird, I think you're being generously kind in your opinions of posters there.

:cool:

Simon/Lizzie (or any one) , a particular question to you, at the moment there is a thread about a guy who is going to receive 2 million dollars by a benefactor because he is so charming etc My question is you are both investors and have made your money by investing in property and other assets over time. I understand the LOA has guided you in this direction. So why does this poster expect money to be literally thrown at him when his goal is much easily achievable by other means eg investing. I personally find a few posters very lazy and looking for a get rich scheme.

What do you think...I am very interested in your answers because I have just started learning about the LOA.

Mrs Bird:)
Hi Mrs Bird
Does it really matter whether you believe this guy is just dreaming. It's his reality not yours or mine for that matter.
Is he hurting you with his desire to have someone give him 3mil?
I don't think he understands how money works but what the heck, it's his desire not ours. If other people are sucked in and start believing him then that is their thing.
As for the guy who thinks he is Abraham(Andrew Wilcox). Well the same deal applies. I find the website entertaining enlightening and definitely different. The moving icons drive me crazy and some of the people are outside the box but so am I.
I love that website community, weirdos included. But that is my opinion and it does not have to be yours or anybody elses.
I also love this community at somersoft. Believe in whatever blows your hair back. I sure do.
Cheers
Simon

i will admit - i don't go there anymore. i didn't find any serious or enlightening discussion happening - just a lot of back slapping or very "out there" explainations that i couldn't understand. it was just all a bit "not quite in touch with reality".

personally i'd rather something that got to the meat of loa, discussed it in terms that related to real life and was more beneficial for new users of loa. i found "the secret" thread on somersoft much more intelligent and with depth than anything i found over on the hicks forum.

that was just me ... obviously some get something out of it. although i will still follow loa, because it works for me.

i will admit - i don't go there anymore. i didn't find any serious or enlightening discussion happening - just a lot of back slapping or very "out there" explainations that i couldn't understand. it was just all a bit "not quite in touch with reality".

personally i'd rather something that got to the meat of loa, discussed it in terms that related to real life and was more beneficial for new users of loa. i found "the secret" thread on somersoft much more intelligent and with depth than anything i found over on the hicks forum.

that was just me ... obviously some get something out of it. although i will still follow loa, because it works for me.

Lizzie, you summed it up quite nicely. I thought it started of quite promising but something shifted in the feel of the forum. That Andrew bloke belittles most posters with his 'out there' thoughts about what they had just posted and what I find fascinating is the fact people praise and worship him...unbelievable.

I also have a few concerns how some members are forgoing critical medical tests because they believe if they dont have the illness, it will just disappear. It is all too much for me.

Thankyou Simon for your thoughts. You are right when you say " Is he hurting you with his desire for 3mil" Of course not :) I just feel he can easily make his money else where but I suppose he needs to come back to reality to do that.

I will say Simon, when you asked Andrew W to clarify a statement he made, he didnt attack you with one of his 'raving mad statements' This tells me he finds you a formidable opponent and not to be taken lightly.

Mrs Bird

Back