new "LoA" thread

yes - i'd rather discuss loa with simon, sailor, yourself (and others) in an intelligent and constructive manner any day.

Hi Lizzie
I found a great affirmation that I thought you might like:
Everything in every area of my life is as easy as finding a parking space/greenlight/......../......... fill in the blank.:)
Cheers
Simon

:D thanks simon. i didn't get the development site because (i believe) i was actually feeling doubts as to whether i wanted it or not.

there is so much going on at the moment - with major reno's to ppor, an ip sale (and the confusion that occured there) and a couple of other items - i don't know if i want to take on anything else just yet.

might wait until my world settles down a little first before buying again.

Hi Lizzie
I heard a great thought this morning.
"We only want things because we believe those things will make us feel better."
Sooooooo powerful. Hit me like a brick.
For me feeling my best is everything and find the best feeling place is my goal. It is in the journey not the manifestation of the want.
Cheers
Simon

Last edited:
I've given some thought to the LoA knockers who continually refer to the bad things that happen to people, who don't deserve them. Just pondering on the fact that I can use LoA for me, but not on other people...I can't control what happens to them.

Then I remembered the story of the hundred monkeys...heard about it years ago.
http://www.wowzone.com/monkey.htm

I think the principle of the hundred monkeys applies to a very positive use of LoA.

For example: If I continually feel good about what I do, and feel appreciative of all the wonderful things in my life....even the tiny little ones (like the lovely taste of my coffee this morning), then I'm putting out postive energy into the world. Feeling appreciative is like "washing my potato", and if others see me doing this, they might choose to do it to. If 99 people wash their potatoes (feel grateful for what they have in life), then they will feel better.

In keeping with the metaphor, what happens when the 100th person washes their potatoes? Do we get cultural change and a philosphical shift in our society? I think we do.

So I'm going to keep washing my potatoes, as my contribution to the momentum of good feelings spreading around the world, and therefore creating a better world for everyone.

thanks for the "gratitude" reminder sailor - been feeling a bit frustrated and lost for the last week ...

You are welcome Lizzie. I find the "attitude of gratitude" thoughts keep me on a even keel. So I try to remember to do it every day...sometimes I forget, which is why I think some people use their stone.

You are welcome Lizzie. I find the "attitude of gratitude" thoughts keep me on a even keel. So I try to remember to do it every day...sometimes I forget, which is why I think some people use their stone.
Thanks for the story:) I kinda like this summaryWhat the research does suggest, however, is that holding positive ideas (as important a step as this is) is not sufficient by itself to change the world. We still need direct communication between individuals, we need to translate our ideas into action, and we need to recognize the freedom of choice of those who choose alternatives different from our own.

IMHO. gratitude and appreciation are the base for building better visions for what we desire.
I hold in my imagination the feeling of appreciation for that that I already have and then overlap the vision of what I want/desire in that area of focus. That overall vision then becomes my point of attraction for it to come to me. As the pieces fall into place through my daily experience, I simply repeat the process.
Simon

i didn't get the development site because (i believe) i was actually feeling doubts as to whether i wanted it or not.

and now hubby has a potential job overseas - we find out next month and potentially gone by the end of the year - it would have made development rather tricky as i like to be hands on.

but on positive note - the handed back vendor finance house sold within 3 days and the purchaser wants quick settlement. so, instead of buying the development, i can use it for doing the major reno's on our place - which would need to be done if we wanted to rent the place out will being ex-pats for a few years.

i also recieved a goodly cheque from the council today for a "supposed" overpayment of rates (how does that happen?) ... and then was going thru some paperwork for the architect coming this afternoon and found two cheques from our january settlement that i had somehow missed banking ... more than enough to cover the new shower screen and base i bought for the bathroom today. still picturing the cash showering down whenever i remember - and saying a big thanks whenever some unexpected cash/cheques turn up.

i love loa ... :)

Noooooooooooo!

I went to the Abraham Hicks site and they have just closed down the forum.

I absolutely loved the forum(despite my early objections and time to eat humle pie:eek: ) and spent a few hours a day reading some of the most fascinating posts. Simon, Sailor, Lizzie anyone out there know what happened?

I assume it was the Andrew Wilcox thread on Have fun that caused the concerned. For those who are interested, Andrew is a very colourful character who wrote a post about how Esther asked him if he was stalking her etc...It got very weird and slightly concerning.

Any comments, I was just getting into all of this .

Mrs Bird:)

I've recently (yesterday in fact) read some comments on The Secret by a well known marketer/business coach/speaker who says that The Secret is really not worth much in itself. It requires not only the thought (from the secret) but also changes in behaviour and action. Just wishing something true is not going to do anything unless you follow it up with the other two.

It is, therefore, rather simplistic.

I have heard it said that the secret is sort of a beginners version of Psycho-Cybernetics. If you want to do Psycho-Cybernetics is is probably far better, much cheaper and more powerful. And the book (or audio) can be purchased for about 20-30 bucks.

I've recently (yesterday in fact) read some comments on The Secret by a well known marketer/business coach/speaker who says that The Secret is really not worth much in itself. It requires not only the thought (from the secret) but also changes in behaviour and action. Just wishing something true is not going to do anything unless you follow it up with the other two.

It is, therefore, rather simplistic.

I have heard it said that the secret is sort of a beginners version of Psycho-Cybernetics. If you want to do Psycho-Cybernetics is is probably far better, much cheaper and more powerful. And the book (or audio) can be purchased for about 20-30 bucks.

THanks for that Tubs
I have been studying the concept for the past six months and have found it to go a little deeper than what you have suggested.
Each to there own.
Cheers
Simon

Noooooooooooo!

I went to the Abraham Hicks site and they have just closed down the forum.

I absolutely loved the forum(despite my early objections and time to eat humle pie:eek: ) and spent a few hours a day reading some of the most fascinating posts. Simon, Sailor, Lizzie anyone out there know what happened?

I assume it was the Andrew Wilcox thread on Have fun that caused the concerned. For those who are interested, Andrew is a very colourful character who wrote a post about how Esther asked him if he was stalking her etc...It got very weird and slightly concerning.

Any comments, I was just getting into all of this .

Hi Mrs Bird
I wrote a message to the web master at the Hicks forum thanking them for allowing me to participate while it lasted. I got a lovely email back thanking me for my contribution and wishing me well for the future.
As to why they closed the forum. I do not know but I had a lot of positive fun while I was there.
Cheers
Simon

I hadn't heard that it closed down. However, Esther seems not to be happy when she feels misused or misrepresented. So my thoughts are along these lines.

Hi Sailor
It was fun while it lasted. I think I managed to chalk up around 250 posts myself. It was all a bit "Alice in wonderland " but the ride was generally uplifting.
They had their reasons to call it a day. Time to move on for me.
The last six months of my life have been the most enlightening in over fifty years of kicking around on this planet.
I am really looking forward to next fifty or ninety( as long as the body holds out anyway).
Cheers
Simon

Thanks Simon, I must admit I am now addicted to all this LOA stuff. I even found another site...Zaadz where some of the old gang are at and found it quite interesting.

The last six months of my life have been the most enlightening in over fifty years of kicking around on this planet.
I am really looking forward to next fifty or ninety( as long as the body holds out anyway).
Cheers
Simon

Simon, this is the most important thing of all. May it continue for you no matter where you gain your enlightening from. Enjoy. It truly is a feeling of joy within.
cheers yadreamin

I am just soooooo enjoying all this LoA stuff. I woke up at 03:45 this am in Hobart, just with enough time to shower, finish packing and get the airport bus (right outside my door). All the planes were on time. Got home, nice cabbie, weather in Cairns was picture perfect, my car started first turn of the key (after not having been driven for nearly a week), house lifter has made excellent progress on the Beach House, computer up and running, dog was well cared for in my absence, and dog was delivered, so didn't have to go and pick him up, and new LOC docs were waiting in the letter box for me.

I've just lost track of all the things I am grateful for today...soooo many!:D

Back