New Mattress Required, advice please.

hiya folks

we're in the market to purchase a new mattress. considering we both spend between 6 and 8 hours on it a day I'd like to buy something that is moderately good. During the times we have travelled and stayed at decent resorts we've always found they had nice firm mattresses. Seashells in Mandurah had really good mattresses even the couple whom we went with had the same comments.

but alas, soon as one is in the market to buy one we're left with so many brands to choose from with different types of construction with pocket springs or latex.

so here i am putting it out there to you folks if you would offer your thoughts and comments. as a budget well last time we spent a $1200 for a queen size let's triple that to $3000-3500. we generally prefer a firm feel as opposed to plush.

any help is much appreciated.

stumpie

Last edited:
We sleep on a honeycomb gel (king) mattress, with latex top, bought from Sleepy's around 3 years ago for $2,500 on sale ... so incredibly comfortable and no pressure point tossing. Hubby likes a firm bed and I like soft, and we both love this one.

Removalists hate it - really heavy.

Last edited:
Seashells in Mandurah had really good mattresses even the couple whom we went with had the same comments

So email the hotel and ask what beds they have. Play it up ...."OMG I have never slept sooo well...PLEASE...what are your beds???

Damn confusing. I need to buy the kids aka young adults new beds. So far in my looking, with the sales that are about to finish. I am looking at spending about $1300 for a queen ensemble.

My bed cost an arm and a leg years ago, don't think I would pay mega bucks again for a bed.

Back