New Owners Corp in Melbourne ASAP

Hey guys,
So recently purchased my first investment property and having the worst luck ever. The current Body Corp Manager just gave us his 30 days notice so we need a replacement ASAP. There are a total of 20 townhouses to be managed and we are currently battling with the builder to fix countless defects under the Builders Warranty. The property is located in Frankston, Melbourne. We really need a competent OC manager that will be able to deal with the issues presented to the builder. Does anyone know of any good company's?

Sounds like an off the plan or brand new property.....

Most major OC managers are fine BUT "you" (collectively) have to be willing to pay by the hour for the manager to chase up the builder and or insurance etc. If the problems are really widespread it can be better in the long run to get a lawyer.

The Y-man

Agree with Y-Man. You will still need a new BC manager with a large complex.

I've dealt with quite a few BC as you could imagine, Whittles hasn't been too bad.

Much like a PM the managers have their own portfolio, so depending on who gets your complex they could be fantastic, or not so much.

Ok thanks guys. I've sent through a query to Whittles. Do you think it is better to go with a smaller company so then they would be able to dedicate more time to us?

At the end of the day, you will need to appoint a new strata manager so you will need to go to the market. Either do this by creating a brief and go to a handful of companies or put an advert in the tenders/eoi of the newspaper.

I am going through the same issue at the moment and find that I am the one chasing up the builder and the body corporate for an engineer to attend and inspect so all of the owners may take action against the builder.

The trick is to get a good PM to hassle your body corp! lol. I've worked with a fair few body corps in Frankston and can tell you who I wouldn't recommend! Same with PM's so feel free to PM me lol.

Ernie at Melbourne body corporate has been pretty good in my experience - based in Chelsea. He's always onto me when I put up a for lease board at units and the owners don't want it lol :D.

Back