New Property Concept

There must be many people who have an excellent business idea but lack the expertise to bring it to profitable fruition. The ideas man must then build a team to help him with investor sourcing, fund raising, reno team co-ordination, advertising, contract signing, etc. A bit like Bill Gates or Mark Zuckerberg when they began.

I would not compare this scenario with what B Gates etc have accomplished, I think we are talking chalk and cheese here.

If there are investors interested in this product that is fine go for it, I am not.

Do you seriously believe that anyone that owns $1.5M property would need/use this service and they would share any of the profits.... seriously, the fact that RF has mentioned this is a concern.

MTR

One of the biggest things Im implementing into this concept, is NO FINEPRINT.
I cant stand bullsh#t contracts with fineprint.
When vendor signs with us, they will know EXACTLY what they are signing to.
My goal is for this to be run with total integrity. With the goal to protect vendors as much as possible, and profiteer for vendors as much as possible.
You have to keep in mind, the more we profiteer for vendor, the more we also make. Its in our best interest.
Not bad hey :)

I would not compare this scenario with what B Gates etc have accomplished, I think we are talking chalk and cheese here.

If there are investors interested in this product that is fine go for it, I am not.

MTR

I beg to differ.
This is even bigger.
And why?
The banking industry was built primarily on people getting bank loans to buy property. (credit card debt, = 20,000 in most cases)
Property is what made banks profit. $300,000 debts, and beyond.
Banks are the biggest industry in the world.
If property is the biggest industry to banks, and banks are the biggest industry in the world, and you create a concept that deals in massive property profits, globally, ummmmm, yeah :)

Our biggest critics that we ruffle, are existing renovation companies and investment companies, who aim to buy, renovate, and sell.
because we have already beaten them to the job

why?

1: Property investors who aim to buy, reno, sell, aim to buy the property ofl vendor as LOW as possible.

We do the opposite. We are trying to get that property as high as possible for vendor.

So yes, we are a MASSIVE threat to the aforementioned business models.
We simply beat them to the jobs, because we are on the vendors side. Other people try to buy LOW off the vendor. We aim to push it HIGH for vendor.
Which option do you think a vendor chooses?
Hardly rocket science.

Its a vendor finance yes, but extremely different.
vendor finance is just another lending institution, who give money, as a debt, but they have zero involvement in the actual property detail.
Our concept involves pushing the property high. Banks etc dont give a damn.
Aussie Home Loans, etc, they arent at all involved with reno companies, agent, or pushing price high of property.
So its actually far different, than anything currently available.
Going into further debt with banks, is not a new idea at all. Thats the only thing that is available.
Vendor debt= bank profit.

Reno Funders is, Vendor profit, we profit.
So its quite the opposite.

Do you seriously believe that anyone that owns $1.5M property would need/use this service and they would share any of the profits.... seriously, the fact that RF has mentioned this is a concern.

MTR

a $1.5 million property, could be boost to $1.9 million. Heck, maybe even $2 million. Thats a damn tidy profit for a vendor. And we only own 20% of its "renovation" profit.
Vendor basically has a free shot at increasing value to $2 million.
If we dont increase its margins, its our loss. Vendor walks away with bigger pricetag anyway, lets say $1.8 million.
Add some elegant fireplace, outdoor indoor living, deckings, spas, glam up the entry, state of the art kitchens, etc etc.
Every property can have potential, if well thought out.
Even vendors at 1,5 million, can be cash strapped. If you think they arent, then you would be wrong. Many vendors even sitting on 1.5 million property, dont necessarily have the capacity to borrow cash from bank for a risky reno with a dodgy reno company, who doesnt really care about the job and post sale returns.
the current models are simply stupid and way too risky for vendors.

Problem is cash! There is none. Only a goose investor will dump $500k in to get this off the ground. Or if you have 50 investors chipping in $10k each, then this 20% profit has to be split into 50 shares.

Way too much risk for initial investors, both funding, and realization of profits.

pinkboy

Dear Forum Members

I want to make it very clear, IM NOT seeking anyones cash on here.
Concept is up for banter and debate only.
Keep your wallets closed. Not interested.
I have big companies for the investing side of things.

Please debate topic only, any critics welcome.

cheers

Problem is cash! There is none. Only a goose investor will dump $500k in to get this off the ground. Or if you have 50 investors chipping in $10k each, then this 20% profit has to be split into 50 shares.

Way too much risk for initial investors, both funding, and realization of profits.

pinkboy

Just to let you know Pinky, most property investors, invest alone, and they outlay over 400,000 per property they buy.

some of our reno jobs will be only 20,000. thats a total of 20 renovations, for the price of buying one property.
Extremely small outlay.
And Im currently in talks with huge investors ready to back this. Im talking into the millions$$$.
A very substantial backing.

You mentioned about $600,000 in backing?
Umm, thats just one australian home to purchase. thats small fries in the real estate industry. One house. :eek:

Ps, dont need 50 investors.
Only getting one. One big one.
Cheers

pps, keep your wallets shut forum members. not seeking your cash

all criticism most welcome.
you are helping me practice answers. :)

$0 dollars to your name
zero experience
and you have big backing of a company
capital is very hard to raise for little ideas like this
remember your profit would at least be taxed at 30%, more if you pay dividends
its a low return for you after tax
good luck

$0 dollars to your name
zero experience
and you have big backing of a company
capital is very hard to raise for little ideas like this
remember your profit would at least be taxed at 30%, more if you pay dividends
its a low return for you after tax
good luck

as opposed to investors who buy the entire home, renovate, then sell with capital gains tax :p
and yes, I have experience. In the media.
The right people will be doing all the property savvy parts, to ensure maximising property value.
You make it sound like I will be doing this all alone? hehehe
You dont go to war with one soldier.
We will be an army. :)

Just to let you know Pinky, most property investors, invest alone, and they outlay over 400,000 per property they buy.

some of our reno jobs will be only 20,000. thats a total of 20 renovations, for the price of buying one property.
Extremely small outlay.
And Im currently in talks with huge investors ready to back this. Im talking into the millions$$$.
A very substantial backing.

You mentioned about $600,000 in backing?
Umm, thats just one australian home to purchase. thats small fries in the real estate industry. One house. :eek:

And I've been paying for real estate with rainbows, butterflies and lollipops all these years!

pinkboy

why buy a property for over $500,000, for just 8% yield over several years.

When you can renovate a property for $50,000, with a 20% growth/yield in a few months.
I know which math I prefer. :)

only desperate vendors who cant raise cash will do this.most people can raise cash for a reno
i expect vulnerable people to accept this service

90 percent of australians cant borrow money from banks, nor do they wish to take a risk with dodgy reno companies.

if you think everyone can raise money for a reno, you are living in a bubble. Perhaps a property bubble? :)

Cavet Emptor

Hi Reno Funders

Whilst I am all for thinking big, to consider yourself in the same realm as Gates and Zuckerberg and think your activities will be even bigger, is a little naïve and childish to say the least.

As MTR has indicated the comparison is chalk and cheese. You cannot even begin to compare what you propose with the scale of replicating something such as software or (anti) social media where the work is done once and the sales/use and viral marketing continue whether the founder is awake or asleep or drinking out of a coconut under a tropical palm tree.

Whilst your posts to date have been polite and you are welcoming feedback and critical thoughts and questions, the fact that you lack experience (by your admission) is concerning.

As you are seeking to use other people's money to fund your learning curve, I have some questions.

Who will superintend the project management?

What contingencies will you build in to the renovation costs?

How are your feasibilities structured?

What types of insurance(s) will you have in place?

You claim to only take a cut above a certain level of profit, however don't outline what happens to the investor who through transaction costs experiences slippage beyond the nominal gain that may be made thereby negating any profit, or indeed manifesting a loss. What guarantee do your prospective clients have that they will not make a loss by utilising your services and tradies?

The economies of scale you suggest, in the absence of experience in pulling off a successful renovation or the threat you claim to pose to existing renovation/investment companies is waving yellow flags. :cool:

To this end, if you want to be taken seriously and with a more trusting light that you actually know what you are doing, you need to answer the questions above and advise of what happens when the exits don't go to plan. Expect he best however plan for the worst..........................

Look forward to hearing your replies.

Its actually 93% to be precise.
Do you actually think we would waste time on a concept this big, without first doing research?

Most Australians, 93% of them, arent in a financial position for borrow between $20,000 to $400,000 to do major renovations.
Apartment vendors, even struggle to borrow $20,000
They struggle to meet their current mortgage, as it is.
We are a wealthy nation, but not THAT wealthy

Only 7% can borrow large amounts on top of their mortgage. Thats the elite percent, which is a bracket we arent interested in anyway, as they dont need us.

Cheers :)

Hi RenoFunder

Great idea to kick around on the forum, it's certainly gained interest; give it a few more days and we should see it turn into multiple pages :D

Reading through the thread not everyone will be a suitable applicant as you want to ensure you extract your initial investment (plus 20%) sans interest back as soon as possible to move into the next deal

What is your ideal client then, someone such as Ma & Pa Kettle who bought in the outskirts 50-60 years ago, but now find themselves in an expensive suburb, ever increasing rates and a desire to downsize...along comes Reno Funder with a concept to upgrade the home with no outlay from Ma & Pa, no interest charges over the renovation period and all for a 20% stake in any increase in value from the average 'baseline' price established by 3 friendly REA's

These deals in expensive suburbs would seem to offer more overall return than the smaller unit or apartment deals?

Are PPoR Deals preferential to IP Deals?

Re: The Bullldoze and build again scenario, or even major renovations, this would would seem to leave the PPoR occupants homeless for a period?

As quick a return for Reno Funder to "go again" would seem crucial considering profits, administration costs, return to investors etc etc

Back