new washing machine

I saw a thread regarding problems with the new washing machines. Have to go and buy one today and was thinking about a front loader. Has anyone had problems with these not washing properly/leavingpowder on clothes because of too little water in machine

I have just been through the process of checking out all the front loading washing machines.
I ended up buying a Whirpool brand new from Grays Online and only paid $459 when they are retailing at $1000.
They come with a 3 month warranty, not sure which states they are in though, I had to pick up from Melbourne.
If you buy a front loader, there are bolts in the back to stop the barrel turning around, make sure you take them out before first load, we did 3 loads before working it out.

Bronwyn.

Hi Celica

no problems with my front loader. Bosch brand.

I wouldn't touch LG - I've heard some bad reports.

I would NEVER go back to a top loader!

Just make sure they have 4 star water rating coz there's a $200 cashback redemption from the government atm for all 4 star washing machines.

Just bought a Samsung 7kg frontloader normally $700 on special @ GoodGuys for $499 3yrs warranty and will get $200 rebate $299 bargain!

It's cheaper than a dryer.

I don't own a washing machine. So every week we drive 20km and spend $8 at the laundromat and $15 on lunch while we wait. Might have to stop that one day ...

Well have just bought the latest top of the line Whirlpool original price $1299 on special for $1099, with 2 yr warranty then if we took the one off the floor, he gave it to us for the same price as the model two under - $849, then with the govt rebate we paid $649 with 1 yrs free Omo, and two $500 vouchers for we can use at a whole heap of Qld resorts (lasting for 18mths) In the end, we were able to pick it up new in the box from the warehouse which was closer to our home. Pretty chuffed, particularly after everyone seems to love the front loaders. I think the retail stores are really hurting at the moment

Any one got info on the Govt rebate of $200. The salesman told us we couldnt get the rebate in our area, which is one of the driest around. Bendigo.

I never heard anything about the rebate either. I hope it still applies to me as I bought it at auction online.
Does anyone know what needs to be done?

Read this before you buy a washing machine

WASHING MACHINES

When deciding on a washing machine, a good thing to be aware of is the goverment rebate offered on models with a 4 star or higher rating. Check the listing for agencies offering these rebates at the end of this article.

Washing machines are a standard houshold electrical item. Items like washing machines were once referred to as whitegoods due to their typically white coloured exteriors. Everyone that does their own clothes washing needs at least one washing machine.

more
http://barinya.com/australia/gadgets_and_electric/washing-machines-australia.htm

Agencies dealing with REBATE SCHEMES across Australia:
QUEENSLAND
Brisbane & All QLD: http://www.nrw.qld.gov.au/water/saverscheme/rebate_schemes.html

NEW SOUTH WALES
Sydney: http://www.sydneywater.com.au/SavingWater/InYourHome/index.cfm

AUSTRALIAN CAPITAL TERRITORY
Canberra: http://www.thinkwater.act.gov.au/tuneup_rebates.shtml

VICTORIA
Melbourne & All VIC: http://www.ourwater.vic.gov.au/ourwater/water_smart_rebates

SOUTH AUSTRALIA
Adelaide & All SA: http://www.sawater.com.au/SAWater/YourHome/SaveWaterInYourHome/rebates_overview.htm

WESTERN AUSTRALIA
Perth & All WA: http://portal.water.wa.gov.au/portal/page/portal/WiseWaterUse/WaterwiseRebates

There was a frontloader in a holiday house we rented and what I didn't like was that it took soooooo loooonnng to wash, about 2.5 hours. With my top loader I can get 2 loads done before I leave the house in the morning.

There was a frontloader in a holiday house we rented and what I didn't like was that it took soooooo loooonnng to wash, about 2.5 hours. With my top loader I can get 2 loads done before I leave the house in the morning.

Our top loader never washed clothes any good, it took too much water, needed too much washing powder, took too much space and it ripped clothes every now and then.

We've replaced it with the best front loader MIELE and will never go back to top loaders

probably a wierd machine / possibly unfamilairity with the machine.. no do there would be top loaders which offer such cycles, but by no means is eveyr standard wash cycle on front loaders this long - us front laoder owners don't have that much spare time to waste either

they reckon a bit less wear n tear on the clothes in a front loader, who knows... mine works, it's not too loud and my clothes are ok

Front loaders do take a long time to wash but you can also do the 30min quick wash. We use it all the time and the clothes are clean.

Yes, just done a 30min load, sat on the toilet (combined laundry/powder room) and watched it for a while, fascinating stuff. You can also have up to a 2.5hr cycle too. Guarranteed I will never use that. They came out hot so obviously use hot water for rinse which I wouldnt of thought it would do, supposedly costs $32 electricity py to run one load every day, and uses 12lts of water, mostly in the rinse cycle. Bit noiser than the old top loader. You can only get the govt rebate if you buy one with a 4 star rating and I have to apply for the Omo and the rebate online. Evidentlyfaster if you give a bank no. rather than waiting for a cheque

Front loaders do take a long time to wash but you can also do the 30min quick wash. We use it all the time and the clothes are clean.

I was just going to say that I always use the 30 min quick cycle too.
My washing machine is an LG 7.5kg.

Would never go back to a top loader after having this...

I subscribe to Choice magazine and buy what they recommend as the "Best Buy"
And this washing machine was it about 3 years ago!

Reactions: BV
Yes, just done a 30min load, sat on the toilet (combined laundry/powder room) and watched it for a while, fascinating stuff. You can also have up to a 2.5hr cycle too. Guarranteed I will never use that. They came out hot so obviously use hot water for rinse which I wouldnt of thought it would do, supposedly costs $32 electricity py to run one load every day, and uses 12lts of water, mostly in the rinse cycle. Bit noiser than the old top loader. You can only get the govt rebate if you buy one with a 4 star rating and I have to apply for the Omo and the rebate online. Evidentlyfaster if you give a bank no. rather than waiting for a cheque

celica, most modern machines seem to have a 'coldwash' function if ther other cycles don't use / can't be adjusted to use cold water during the rinse . Mine rinses cold.

MissMuffit - We have the same washing machine. I'm gonna leave this here for my mother in law since they're so cheap atm but we got a Samsung this time. It has delay start and you can set the timer which is really handy for 6am washes. I hate getting up to turn on the washing machine just to get it out before I go to work. Plus it's only $300 after rebate. Heavily discounted, floor stock, RRP $799, even more than LG.

...They came out hot so obviously use hot water for rinse which I wouldnt of thought it would do, supposedly costs $32 electricity py to run one load every day, and uses 12lts of water, mostly in the rinse cycle. Bit noiser than the old top loader.....

They usely heat the water themselves, so make sure you plugged it to the cold water tap. I also had the hot clothes at the end when we moved to our new home but it was because the hot water tap was at the left of the cold one. Since we plugged it to the cold water, its all fine and rinses with cold water;).

Back