New website

Seems to only have properties that people have added rather than all properties?

Actually looks like recent property sales.

Haven't bothered signing up, especially considering the ones I know which should sell for the mid 1's it is estimating in the 200+ range.

Thank you for taking a look at the realAs site and app.

http://realAs.com predicts what homes will sell for before they sell.

realAs is continuously updated with residential properties coming onto the market. If we're missing any, just email us and we'll add them in. There are over 100,000 realAs predictions for homes on the site right now.

realAs predictions are on average within 5% of final sale price

- 64% of predictions are within 5% of final sale price
- 89% of predictions are within 10% of final sale price
- 99% of predictions are within 20% of final sale price

Feedback on how to improve realAs is appreciated, we're working on refinements to the site and app right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't get anything. Not subscribing and then getting email bombed. Looks and feels like it is a work in progress.

I entered neighbours address and the agent guide is way off....$100K lower than reality.

Meh

The agent quotes on realAs are generally the ones made by the real estate agent when the property was first listed.

As most property investors would already know, real estate agents will change their quoting ranges over time.

If you have some specific properties you want to see realAs predictions for without registering on the realAs site, I'm happy to provide them (within reason).

Perhaps people could choose some properties that are up for auction this coming weekend to put the realAs algorithm to the test ?

I'm totally against spam too, you won't be spammed by realAs.

Call me sceptical but this seems orchestrated by the op's?

Ps.Feedback on your site RealAs,my 2 cents,it's been done on the fly and needs more bling,that's all from me.

RealAS

See Ch9 News flogging this as a "new" app for prospective home buyers tonight as a relevant worthy "news" item. I hate how paid advertising (which this has to be) finds its way into mainstream news reporting, surely they should leave this type of paid presentations for their tabloid current affair programming although they may already have their books full.

Must be a slow day in newsrooms Channel 9.

Questionable

I looked at a particular apartment in a particular building I've been tracking. The apartment has been on the market for almost a year but in that time there has been at least one change of agent. The asking price hasn't changed however.

Looking at Pricefinder I can see the current asking price is about 11% higher than its last sale, but bear in mind this asking price was set about a year ago, so the owner is looking for 11% growth in 2 years.

Realas predicts it will sell at $1,000 over the agent quote.

Unfortunately this is a nonsense as new apartments and near new apartments in better locations are on the market for less.

I will not name the building as I don't want to prejudice owners or tenants, all I will say is that it is in the inner North of Brisbane.

So simply on the basis of this one observation I wouldn't consider using it.

Trev

Another example

A different building in the same area, very close to RB&WH and that thumping great motorway interchange.

The listing doesn't include an apartment number but Realas is predicting a sale at $57,000 over the agent quote, this is >10% more than the agent quote.

How can a prediction be done if the actual lot number isn't included? It can't be accurate and therefore it just ends up misleading in my humble opinion.

Back