New Years Resolutions - Your Goals for 2012

I seriously think this country is headed for a recession soon. It's so hard to borrow money its like getting blood out of a stone...

I'm going SO slow with one of my resolutions ... just being held up at every turn by boring red tape and generic slowness. But getting there. Other half is still telling me not to do it ... :rolleyes:

It's a little late, but I hereby resolve that, by the end of 2012, I will be a Somersoft Forum Moderator, and will ban, immediately and permanently, anyone who doesn't laugh at my very funny jokes, or any other moderator who deletes them. And right after that, I'm going to go down to Victorias Secret and smooch every single girl in the catalog. That's how confident I am :p

It's a little late, but I hereby resolve that, by the end of 2012, I will be a Somersoft Forum Moderator, and will ban, immediately and permanently, anyone who doesn't laugh at my very funny jokes, or any other moderator who deletes them. And right after that, I'm going to go down to Victorias Secret and smooch every single girl in the catalog. That's how confident I am :p

Wouldn't you want to smooch the girls OUT of the catalog? You can smooch the girls IN the catalog in the comfort and privacy of your own home.

We're 76 days into the New Year and many people who set New Years Resolutions would have not continued with their commitments (No one SS though as we're a tenacious lot...you have to be as a property investor :D)

Hi All,

Bit late to be putting New Years Resolutions in - however not to late to put goals in for the remainder of 2012.

So here goes..........

- Progress with idea for sub-division possibility, and progress with Council approval for IP #5 (with future potential to create IP #6), have completed first component of this process by June 2012

BUGGER

This process was actually harder than I thought. We have some rough goals and are moving towards them (at a slower pace than we would like) - which is potentially linked to the haziness of said goals. This is, and has been, build equity base such that we can retire comfortably as soon as possible.

So - I will add another - Crystallise goals and vision, ensuring they are SMART, and then come back and post a more extensive list, by end of April.

In the meantime - here is a bit more detail on the "hazy" longer term goals.
- Renovate PPOR when move back in for 6 year rule (including bathroom, kitchen, open back out, remove cladding),
- Determine where we are going to live in the "longer" term - which could incorporate buying shack in nice area and progressing with a make-over.
- Subdivide IP #5, creating IP #6,
- Investigate other states in order to alleviate the increasing amount of land tax burden and
- Investigate purchasing IP #6 (or #7 depending on which comes first)
- Retire so can spend as much time with our growing family as we would like.

Matto.

My goals/resolutions for the rest of 2012:
- Add 4 cf+ or neutral IPs in Western Sydney to my portfolio.
- Do as much travelling as I can, well on the way to this with trips planned for HK and Sri Lanka in the next month.
- Drink less.
- Lose 5kg and focus more on fitness and eating better.

Back