No railway for Redcliffe.

Watching the 6pm news on Friday 11th July and heard "Chairman Beattie" state that there will be no railway built to Redcliffe in the foreseeable future due to lack of funding from the private sector, and no new bridge either. This surely is a blow to residents and investors of the peninsular. I'm sure people have invested in this area with the impression that the railway line was going to be built. What do you think ?

Hi Sando
The gentrification that's underway in Redcliffe still makes it a good investment area. Nice boardwalks, new shops, good schools, new Westfield going ahead at Mango Hill. Surely that's a good recommendation for future investment in the penninsula.
Our IP's have done well over the past 18mnths. Guess time will tell if the railway decision impacts future CG.
Cheers
Elizabeth L:)

Dear Sando,

It makes well chosen properties close to existing stations more valuable.

Train lines are something that are not going to be moved tomorrow.

Cheers,

Sunstone.

Hi all,

So you want to believe a politicion:eek:

I'd put my money on some other politico at around the next election or the one after putting it back on the agenda. Makes me think of great political statements like :-

No child shall live in poverty by 1990.

These tax reductions are law that's L.A.W.

There will be no GST under this government.

But that promise wasn't a core promise.

bye

rumours rumours

Sando,

I have heard about the railway going to be built for over 25 years, so i asked a retired railway worker in the street, he said he had heard it was going to be built all his life.
About a year ago, in the local paper they had a story on it, apparantly the first proposal to get a railway to Redcliffe was 100 years ago !! and every pollie has brought it up then parked it ever since (because of costs i believe).
Its abit of a joke in our family but on a serious side I think Redcliffe is an excellent investment. The lack of rail I think makes it alittle more attractive and adds to the exclusive feel. Besides if you really need the rail its 10/15min to the Sandgate station. Not the same I know but its still possible.

Chris

Hi

I agree with Chris on this one - I lived at Redcliffe (Margate & Woody Point) for about 17-18 years before moving to the Gold Coast and the issue about the railway line - well it was all talk and no action and had been for years before that and now thanks to Smilin' Pete, would appear to be that for years to come. Sandgate railway station is about 15 minutes away and the city is about another 30 minutes on top of that. So, the city is close enough if you need it (dedicated bus/rail link to the station) and far away enough from the "big smoke".

We go to Redcliffe often to visit my mother and we are always surprised with the work that goes on there - improvements they have made along the beachfront, new shopping centre, Mango Hill being developed, etc. The area has really come a long way and has been made a lot more attractive to young families who would appear to be moving out that way now.

So keep an eye on Redcliffe, - you might be pleasantly surprised !:)

Leonie

The train isnt an option now, and may never be, its the same as many places including the proposed Caloundra inland link (does anyone know if that one is all go now?).

From what I heard the train link proposal was from mango hill to petrie (anyone know for sure?), I would think it would take longer than driving directly to sandgate and then train to the city from there?

However

Its a 10 minute drive to Sandgate, big deal.

If you so wish, there is a designated foot/cycle bridge if you wish to cycle to sandgate, I would estimate 20-30 minutes cycle depending on where in Redcliffe you buy.

As mentioned already there are also designated bus links to the sandgate train, or direct to the city.

As for Redcliffe real estate. Take a drive along the waterfront from newport to woody point.

The first thing you will likely notice is Redcliffe has beaches with sand (which is fairly unique in Bris), and deep(ish) blue water.

Secondly you may notice the quality of the roads and footpath areas in redcliffe (keep in mind Redcliffe has its own council)

You may also notice the number of cafes, resteraunts, bars and shops in redcliffe opposite the beaches.

Or perhaps as you drive through the mansions in the canal estate you may catch a glimpse of a launch you have a spare fortune to spend on, and drive down to the marina to see what else is available.

You may then start to notice the physical real estate.

IMHO redcliffe is simply spectacular.

The last thing I would be worried about in redcliffe would be the train. But sssshhhhh dont tell to many people about it, they might cotton on to safe swimming sandy beaches, cafes, lifestyle and close proximity to the CBD.

Sure a train station is a good thing, but redcliffe makes up for it many times over.

There was an article in the Redcliffe local paper last weekend
I believe .. explaining that the rail link had been ditched because there were "not enough people to make it feasible" or some such rubbish,

What garbage--, I'm sure its very much a case of "build it and they will come,"

They would--in droves!

Back